Friend or Woe Part 6

Wednesday's POV:

We start to walk out when we hear a noise from outside.

"Must've been the bearded man from earlier." I say pushing her behind me.

I look through a crack and I see the monsters eye staring back at me. It takes off when I gasp.

I grab (Y/n)'s hand a pull her behind me to chase it.

"Come on! Come on!" I shout.

We don't catch up to it, but we find it's footprints.

"The monster's human." (Y/n)  says from beside me.

"What are you two doing?" A voice say's out of no where.

"We were following the monster." I say pulling (Y/n) against my chest, I rub her arms up and down trying to bring warmth back to her body.

"You saw it? It's here? Do you have a death wish or something?" She says trying to stand closer to me.

"What are you doing here?" I said to her getting suspicious.

"I overheard you say you were checking out the old meeting house. It's lucky I showed up when I did." She says glaring at (Y/n), still trying to stand closer to me.

"We did learn one thing. The monster is human. Its tracks turned from monster prints to human ones." I say .

"Show me."

"The rain washed them all away." She scoffs.
"Hey! We know what we saw." (Y/n) defends me.

"I'm trying to keep an open mind." She says looking past (Y/n) and smiling at me.

"How big of you." (Y/n interiors her again.

The two girls begin to glare at each other.

I pull (Y/n) back and wrap my arm around her waist.

"I do think you might be right about Rowan." She says glancing at my arm.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" I ask interested.

"I texted him again today. I said maybe we could meet over spring break and go snowboarding like we did last year. This time he texted right back, said he wouldn't be able to make it.

"Only you never went snowboarding last year."     (Y/n) says my thoughts out loud.

"Part of me wanted to blame his recent weirdness. I didn't want to think something bad had happened." She says looking down.

We all begin to walk back.

"The cover-up is always worse than the crime." I tell her.

"Now I need you to be honest with me. Why'd you come out to the old meeting house in the first place?" She says once again ignoring (Y/n)'s existence.

"I was trying to learn more about Crackstone. Figure out how he's connected to this."

"Yeah, you were trying to use your psychic abilities, right?" She says smirking trying to get closer to me.

"What makes you think I have any?" I say stepping away.

"Lucky guess. When did they start?"

"About a year ago. When they happen, it feels like I'm touching live wire. I usually enjoy that sensation."

"Yeah, but you can't control it and that freaks you out. My dad's a psychic."

"Vincent Thorpe. My brother's his number one fan. Watched his Vegas Special so many times I'm surprised it's not imprinted on his eyeballs."