Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe Part 5

Wednesday's POV:

"No, I don't really feel better." I tell Thing as I finish my piece. "There's just something wrong about this place. Not just because it's a school." I respond to his morse code.

"How the heck did you get that oversized violin out the window?" Edward asks.

"I had an extra hand." I say pointing at Thing.

"Whoa." He responds. "Where's the rest of him?"

"It's one of the great Addams family mysteries."

We fall silent as I hear the furs howl.

"Why aren't you wolfing out?" I ask curiously.

"Because I can't."

He elongated his nails.

"It's all I got." He shrinks them back down. "My dad says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've been to the best Lycanologist. I had to fly to Milwaukee, would you believe it? Yeah, she says there's a chance I may never... you know." He defeatedly looks down.

"What happens then?"

"He'd become a lone wolf." A new voice enters.

I look up to see the enchantress that plagues my thoughts... (Y/n).

"It sounds perfect." I manage to overcome my fascination of her to reply.

Edward was smiling towards (Y/n), but abruptly turns to face me when I say this.

"Are you kidding me? My life would be officially over. I'd be kicked out of my family pack with no prospect of finding a mate." He looks towards (Y/n) then looks away in embarrassment when he finishes his words.

I feel the anger corse through my veins. My nostrils flare, my fist tighten, and for a moment, I contemplate how angry (Y/n) would be at me if I pushed Edward off the roof.

"I'm failing to see the problem here." I grit out.

"I could die alone." His eyes begin to glisten with unshed tears.

(Y/n), being the kind soul she is, walks beside him and hold his hand.

He looks at her as if she is the only drop of water on the scorching Sahara sun. He looks at her like she is his sun, moon, and stars all at once. He looks in love with her, dare I say.

He can't be in love with her.

"We all die alone, Edward." I cut in, hoping to separate them.

"You really suck at this." He tells me with an eye roll. "Cheering people up."

He lays his head on (Y/n)'s shoulder and begins to softly cry into it.

She simply runs her fingers through his hair, whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

I wonder what it feels like. To have those soft (s/c) fingers melting away the stress from my long days. To hear her calming gentle voice whisper quiet, loving, and reassuring words to me. To feel her strong and steady heart beat wildly next to mine.

I have to leave this place. Soon.

"Why are you crying?" I ask trying to calm my racing heart.

"Because I'm upset!" Edward lashes out at me.

"Haven't you ever cried Wednesday?" The one whose entrapped me asks.

"Or are you above that too?" Edward cuts her off, pulling himself away from her.

I feel a sense of relief flood through me.

(Y/n) POV

"It was the week after Halloween." Wednesday begins.

"I was six years old. I took my pet scorpion, Nero, out for his afternoon stroll, and we were ambushed. They wondered what kind of freak would have a scorpion for a pet. Two of them held me down and made me watch.." I gasp and take his hand.

He looks at me, with unshed tears clouding my vision, and squeezes my hand.

"...while the others ran Nero over until.." He shakes his head slightly, as if trying to forget the awful memory.

"It was snowing when I buried what was left of him. I cried my little black heart out. But tears don't fix anything." He releases my hand, and turns away again. Effectively shutting me out again. "So I vowed to never do it again."

"Your secret's safe with us." I tell him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Still think you're weird as crap, though." Edward says chuckling.

"The feeling is incredibly mutual." Wednesday says, not looking at either of us.

I squeeze Wednesdays shoulder, hug Edward, and tell them both goodnight. I return to my room.

Wednesdays POV:

"How would you like your single room back and (Y/n) all to yourself again?" I ask him once (Y/n) has left.

I have to leave this school more than ever now. I understand what I have been feeling. It's jealousy. I'm jealous of the way other men look at her. I'm jealous of the way she hugs them. I'm angry at the way she makes me feel. I have no control over my emotions or actions. I hate this. I have to leave this school. and I have to leave her. For good.

"You just need to show me how to use your computer." I tell him.

He smirks and agrees.

Once Edward has shown me, I send Thing to Tyler with his number so he can call the computer.

After a few minutes it begins to ring. I answer like Edward showed me.

"Uh... hi." Tyler answers.

"That's Thing." I tell him, noticing his confused gaze.

"Is he, like, your pet?"

"He's sensitive."

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level." He says with a chuckle. "So, what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?"

"Desperate times. Are you still willing to help me escape?"

"After what happened today, I figured they'd have you in solitary."

"There's the Harvest Festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. I'm going to use it as a cover. If you're willing to drive me to the station, I can make it worth your while."

"I'm in. And no charge. Consider it a freebie."

"Why?"

"'Cause I wish I was going with you."

When he says this, I can't help but feel there is some malice behind his innocent act.

"At least one of us will get out of this awful town." He tried covering himself up.

———————————————
Hey y'all! Don't forget to like and comment and let me know what y'all think!

I'll see y'all in the next one!

Word Count: 1,027