Friend or Woe Part 2

Wednesday's POV:

There were so many threads to my investigation, I could weave a burial shroud.

I still have no idea how Rowan mysteriously rose from the dead. Or why that monster is prowling the woods.

But right now, nothing intrigues me more than this book. Not even (Y/n) can distract me from my mission.

If I'm going to be responsible for Nevermore's demise, the question is, why am I sharing this apocalypse with a pilgrim?

———————————————

Later in the Quad:

Weems has gathered all of us into the Quad to give a speech about Outreach day.

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00. As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students." He chuckles with enthusiasm. "As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward." He dismisses us.

"Yes! Yes! I got Pilgrim World. I have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice. What'd you get?" Edward bounds up to me excitedly.

"Uriah's Heap, whatever that is." I say unenthusiastically.

"Ew. It's this weird, creepy antique store. You'll love it though. I'm crossing my claws Alder and I will be outreaching together." He says to me.

I thought he liked (Y/n).. have incorrectly judged him this entire time?

"I thought you wanted (Y/n) to be your mate?" I ask confused.

"(Y/n)?! Oh goodness no! She has always been my best friend since we started here, I might have liked her a bit before, but I noticed how she looks at you. And how you look at her," He says winking at me. "Plus I'm more in gorgan chicks." He says and stares dreamingly at Alder.

"Wednesday, don't worry about your cello. I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon." A voice interrupts our conversation.

"My cello?" I ask Weems confused.

"I caught your rooftop serenade the other night. Impressive. I volunteered you to accompany the Jericho High School marching band at the ceremony. I'm sure it won't be too challenging to play an uplifting Fleetwood Mac melody."

"As long as you promise to hang me as a warlock afterwards." I say walking away.

I look ahead and see Xaviera staring at a white wall.

"Why are you staring at a blank wall?" I ask her.

"It wasn't blank last Outreach Day." She says annoyed.

Are you still stewing because I rejected the invitation to
join?"

"I don't know Wednesday. I like you and I thought you liked me too."

"Please. I'm just cannon fodder in whatever cold war you're waging with Bianco. (Y/n) is too. I have more pressing issues."

"Like what?"

"Tracking down the monster that killed your former best friend.

"Ugh. For the last time, Rowan was expelled. Everyone saw him leave."

"Have you spoken to him since?"

I texted him a few times, but I never heard back. I just figured he wanted Nevermore in his rearview mirror."

Wednesday (Male Wednesday x female reader) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें