Chapter 50: By the Door

(Personally, I think this is a far better reading experience if you read chapter 48 and chapter 50 back to back. But, I for one, I'm not going to force anyone to reread if they don't want to. Damn you Halloween special! Lol)

POV: 2nd
                                 When you first met Micheal, you would have never seem his eyes as the inviting pools of water they were or described his lips as incredibly enticing. But now, as you leaned your head closer towards him, you-
You caught yourself before you did something, something you'd surely regret. Not today, not today. Your face felt flushed and hot as you forced yourself back a bit. You almost felt like you were being grabbed by the shoulders by- But no it was just you.
                                  Your brain was flooded with thoughts of cold rejections that never happened as you took a moment to catch your breath. Nervously you looked at Michael, but he seem none the wiser to your previous intentions. Although you thought to yourself, quite guiltily, that you wish he did know. You wish things would have escalated to something much more. But you knew far better, today had been a bad day and, in the case he didn't feel the same way and you got horribly rejected, you...
                                 "Y/N?"
                                 You shut down those thoughts finally. Besides, something like this was something you would rather wait for, there would have to be in the future a better opportunity after all.
                                 And maybe you did make the right call because, suddenly, you heard a creak from the hallway and your body jolted up out of the bed.  And, with one swift quiet moment, you charged the door, gently pressing your ear against it.
                                 "What the hell are you doing?" Michael said questioningly as you responded sharply, "He's here, I can sense it." He paused for a moment before laughing, "Are you still upset that he startled you earlier?"
You whispered and told him to hush, "Today has been bad enough. I do not need him startling me again. This time I feel like I got him!" Michael just looked at you with a dumbfounded look on his face, "Dude... This is weird even for you..." There was a small bit of worry at the end of that sarcasm, but you just rolled your eyes.
"I swear, Mike, if your dad does that shit again to me, I'm gonna actually scream," you complained. Michael just laughed, "I don't know how you don't notice that he's walking up behind you, he's a really big guy and he's very noticeable." You begin to shake as you struggle to articulate, "He's like... If the Cheshire cat fused with a fucking used car salesman with a little bit of a British twang. He just appears and then disappears right behind me. And just like... I can't... I feel like he's hunting me down and I'm a mouse. Knowing my luck when I open this door, he's gonna be standing right there with a smirk on his face."
You opened the door dramatically and there he was inches from your face, leaning against the wall with a smile, "Boo." You jumped back and clench your heart as you stumbled back. He walked in with two Coca-Colas, "I thought you two would like something to drink. I wouldn't be a good host if I didn't offer some cold pop, would I?" Slowly, but surely, you turned into a ball behind Michael's bed, "No thank you, sir, I'm just gonna crawl into the fetal position and silently scream for a few minutes."
Michael just stared at you with a look of embarrassment on your behalf. You can hear William's heavy laughter as you genuinely curled into the fetal position, "Henry was right about you, you're very funny. Also now that you mention it, I have been compared to the Cheshire cat before. I've been told I have quite the smile~" Michael seems embarrassed by both parties in this room now. William just laughed as he left one of the cokes behind and walked out, you swore you could still feel his smile without seeing it.

POV: 1st - Mike
They've been acting weirder and weirder all day. All the confidence, that I knew them most for, just slowly being ripped away from them... And although it's been real funny seeing them on their toes like this, so out of place for once... Knowing what they've gone through at home and the situation with their mom... It's not as funny.
"So how was practice by the way? Who exactly was the other guy that Bon was talking about, by the way?"
They grumble for a few moments refusing to leave the fetal position, "Terrible, it was fucking Brian... I went to his house." My heart froze for a moment as I processed those words, remembering something for scarier than Brian's bullshit within that place, "Did you happen to see Brian's sister?"
They responded coldly at first, but then gave a really nice looking smile, "Oh yeah, she seems nice enough, I guess. Though it's weird that we have the same name... Is there a reason you never told me?." I sigh in relief, "Nah, just slipped my mind... So, do you want to hang out after you do your thing with Henry?"
They seemed happy again, getting up slightly, "Totally." And then we talked about a bunch of random bullshit, but I never really got the chance to ask why they were so scared of my dad, you know besides the obvious...
Sometimes I wish I could just understand what's going on inside of their head. It always feels like it's so busy in there. Sometimes I wonder if I take up even a fraction of their thoughts... Gezz... Is it selfish to want them to think about me a ton...