Chapter 38: Chica Doodles

POV: 2nd
                               The boys then began an argument about who is the best animatronic for the next few minutes. You didn't say much because you didn't have much to say on the topic, but eventually you found yourself being stared at again by everyone in the room. Bon spoke up this time, "How about two days from now at 2 PM?" You paused for a moment, "What?!" He just laughed at your question, "Bring your guitar, I'll bring my bass, and I'll bring you to the drummer. Unless you got some plans with Mike by yourselves~" You were shocked, you originally had made the offer as a joke. You didn't expect him to actually make plans, especially since you figured the conversation had moved away from that by now. You paused for a moment, putting on your best rockstar ego, "Sure, why the fuck not. Bring your "A" game, in fact, I can bring some of my personal material, unless you wanna play some pussy music." Carlton, Gabe, and Mike's eyes widened as they listen to this. Bon just gave a smirk, "Then, it's set in stone. See you in two days. In the meantime, what are you two planning on doing tomorrow."
                                 In earnest, you hadn't made any plans for tomorrow yet. As a part of your personal philosophy for this summer, you were trying to simply go with the flow. Especially since Mr. Afton always seem to pick randomly which days he needed Mike, "We're probably gonna chill at his place or maybe the pizzeria or something." "That sounded reasonable enough," you thoughts yourself. Although, the idea of going back to the pizzeria didn't seem too appealing to you the longer you thought. But then you paused for moment. "Henry," you thought. Sure you had seen him for the past few days when you couldn't see Mike, but the more you spoke to him, the more you felt bad for him.
                                  Your initial fascination with him from your childhood had quickly changed. You finally could pinpoint your misplaced feelings you had towards him. Sure you still thought that he was handsome, but actual attraction to him was slipping away. Through a mix of pity and simply growing to care about him, you began to see him as a saddened mentor figure.
                                    You thought to yourself, if only you could get Mike and Henry to hang out together, then you could kill two birds with one stone. "It shouldn't be impossible," you thought, " I mean, Mikey still calls him "Uncle Henry" and it was clear that Henry cared as he asked how Mike's doing every once in a while, they clearly still care about each other... Maybe I could bridge the gap between the two of them." You pause for a moment, clearing your throat, and looking at the boys in the room, "Actually, on second thought I know exactly what I'm doing tomorrow with Mike, but it's a secret for only me and him." All of the boys in the room gasp and stared at each other, all except for Mike. He nervously looked at you, your mischievous smile did not reassure him at all.
                                 After the boys kept punching Mike shoulder demanding to know what you two had planned. Everyone settle down as snacks were brought into the room. They were some of the classic chips and soda that you would except for a male dominated hang out or at least the classics from what you have been told. You were never allowed to bring friends over when you were a kid. And most of your friends didn't want you over at their house for some reason. Sure, you didn't have many friends in middle school, but you did have at least a few in elementary. You wondered if this was normal behavior in general. Sure you've heard about it and seen it in movies, but a lot of stuff in movies is bullshit.
                                 Everyone was on their best behavior when Gabe's mom was in the room. Seemingly the rowdiness drop to an absolute zero, as they treated her like a malevolent goddess and the gracious host she really was. But the thing that really caught your attention was how affectionate she was with Gabe.
                                  She kept calling him "honey" and "sweetie" and making eye contact with her son. "It must've been completely and otherly embarrassing," you thought to yourself. Your mother never would do something like this, unless you and her were out in public and somebody was complimenting you for some reason. "What a weird tradition to act so lovey-dovey to your child in front of others," you thought to yourself, "I mean, everybody knows that parents don't love their kids that much." Sure your dad was one of those weirdos, but you just chalk that up to him being wild in general.
                                  But what really threw you off guard was that she went as far as kissing her son's forehead, which caused everyone to respond by teasing Gabe and calling him a "mommy's boy." You had heard the term before, someone even called you "your daddy's little hellspond," but you wondered if this is what they meant by that. Surely parents aren't this level of affectionate enough for that to be what this common phrase ment. You just shrugged and chalked it up to Gabe's mom being a strange woman like how your father is a strange man.
                                  At Gabe's request, all of you spent the rest of the time there attempting to draw Chica as best as you guys could. You gave it your best shot, but again art is not particularly your specialty. You're not terrible at it, but you're not as practiced as you'd hope, plus you only really saw the animatronic once. Gabe's interpretation seemed very cartoonish and flattering from what you could recall. The other two boys, Carlton and Bon mostly drew the equivalent of shit posts. And Mike, unsurprisingly, took it very seriously, drawing an almost, from what you can tell, perfect representation of what Chica looked like. Honestly, Mike does not give himself enough credit. Modesty looks weird on him.