Chapter 49: (Faz)Frightful Tales

(I thought in honor of it being literally Halloween, I would dedicate this next upload to be a Halloween special, kind of like the Christmas special I did last time. Once again, just like the Christmas special, this is a flashback and this actually takes place before the Christmas special and campaign starts. You can totally skip this section, if you want, but this is a strange case, were events in the story are canon, but it is up to you to interpret what is real and what is delusion. You can't trust everyone, some perspectives or simply biased or confused. Although you should've already known that going into any story, that is. Even your perspective as the reader could be wrong or things could be left out. If it's not third person omnipotent, then it's someone telling a story to you or thoughts within the mind.)

POV: 3rd - Twisted
                                It was a cold autumn day that Halloween, the wind chilling to the touch. The leaves were crunchy and more often destroyed underneath the feet of rowdy teenagers, for there was really not much to do at the horrid halls of Mr. Bonester's School for Troubled Youth. By this point in the year, the school was offering some extra extracurricular activities around the season, but for Y/N, our protagonist, and their friends, it couldn't be any more boring.
                                That was until Davie spoke up, "For fuck's sake, it's Halloween, shouldn't we be doing something!" Dennis just rolled his eyes as he lets out a mocking voice, "Well thanks to a certain 'mysterious masked figure,' we are no longer allowed to make Halloween costumes. So why don't you bitch to them instead of me. Cough cough." He then gave Y/N a mischievous look. In response, they rolled their eyes, "You do know saying the word, 'cough,' is both super lame and not subtle, right? And second of all, half of those things weren't even my fault!" Tina nodded her head as she got up in Dennis' face, "Not to mention our policy on snitches, jackass. I hope you're not planning on doing anything stupid... Well not more than usual, at least." Dennis just rolled his eyes. The usual uneasiness of the unwilling alliance filling the air during the short pause in the conversation.
                                   Mike seemed confused of course, since at this point, he was still freshly new to the school. But at the very least, he did understand what they were referring to, having seen Y/N's mask before, but still, "Did something happen?" Everyone just looked at each other for a moment, before Dennis formed a wicked grin, "Well if you didn't do half of those things, perhaps it was a ghost and if it was a ghost, then maybe we do have something to do this Hallow's Eve." Everyone looked like they wanted to punch him, but restrained themselves. Mike seemed even more confused, so with a heavy heart, Y/N explained very briefly that someone trashed the principal's office last week and the only clue the school has on who was someone claimed they saw what looked like a person with a white dog mask running out the office just before the room was discovered trashed. And a few weeks before that, one of the Delinquents got a huge scratch on their back when they were just walking down the halls at night. They claimed that they didn't get a good look at who attack them, but they thought they saw what looked like a white face stare at them around one of the corners.
                                      Y/N seemed standoffish about the whole situation, clearly uncomfortable by it and desperately trying to keep the whole explanation very brief, but Dennis chimed in, "Oh yes, someone-eerrr 'something' definitely other then our dear White Wolf has to be responsible. It couldn't be them! They are just so nice and helpful all the time and not known for committing acts of violence on a whim. And it's not like they don't have a grudge against the principal around that time for cutting funds to their favorite extracurricular activity or the Delinquents in general for being a bag of assholes. No, of course not." His tone was beyond mocking and the way he pronounced Y/N's nickname describes how little he favored them. In response, Y/N remained perfectly silent, clearly trying to remain emotionally neutral, however to anyone who bothered to stare for a moment too long, one could notice their lips curl as if they actually could snarl like a wolf.
                                 Tina was the first to speak up after that, seeming incredibly irritated as always, "Look, I know you're just trying to be a smartass, but I'm serious I can vouch for at least one of those occasions that it was not them. They were with me that night and there's no way they could've broke into the principal's office and done all that. The only time, I didn't have my eyes on Wolf was when they went to pee for like two minutes and I was guarding the bathroom entrance to make sure nobody followed them in. I think someone just copied the mask designed to frame them." Dennis just smirked again and winked, "Right... As if Twister Tina isn't known for being a ride-or-die for Y/N. We get it, your their little disciple because without them, you probably would've been crushed the dust by now as you are as likable as a cactus up the ass. But not all of us are that gullible, I see right through you asshole." Tina looked as if she was about to absolutely deck Dennis, but Y/N stopped her. "As members of the Rejects, we do not have anyone, but each other in this hell, so may this be a friendly reminder, Dennis, that loan wolves don't survive in this school, so stick with the pack... Sorry that was corny, I just have wolves on the mind now..."
                                 The whole time this conversation was happening. Michael simply listened, still uncomfortable and unsure of his position in this 'friend group.' Although the more he listen and the more he thought about it, calling this a 'friend group' was a bit of an exaggeration. He was clearly interested for more details on this mystery person, but didn't want to push his luck. Clearly, this was not a comfortable conversation. Meanwhile, Davie waited for Dennis to back down before he spoke up, "Last night, I think I saw 'it' and, I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't think it's a mask." He nervously looked around to the rest of the group, clearly embarrassed to say all this. He flinched for a moment knowing the mockery that was soon to follow.
                                 Tina raised an eyebrow, "The fuck you mean it didn't look like a mask, the fuck did you see last night?" Everybody looked to Davie and he looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole and die. It took him a moment to gather his words, "Well it was 3 AM and I needed to take a piss, so I left my room and went to the communal bathrooms because I didn't feel like pissing in a cup." Tina gagged, "Eww, dude." Davie just rolled his eyes as he continued, "When suddenly, I felt like something was behind me. At first, I thought it was just some other guy and he was just being quiet because it's real awkward, you know, to bump into someone that late at night... But when I looked back, I didn't really see anyone, so I kind of tried to brush it off. But the second I turned back around to continue to the bathroom, I still felt like someone was there. So I mentally prepared myself to square up, whenever that person decided to make a move. You know me, I wouldn't let anyone try to take advantage of me just cause it's late... If there was someone there, of course. But in the meantime, I just sped over to the bathroom. That's when I heard it."
                                 He then paused for a long time, looking like he didn't even know how to say what happened. Everyone at this point was deeply listening to the story, but Michael was the one to ask, "What did you hear?"
                                 Davie quietly said back, "Nails on the floor. Like how a dog does when they're on like a hard smooth surface. And I knew that sound well cause I have dogs at home. Like a husky and a lab, they are the best, I miss them a lot..." He nervously trails off.
                                  Michael gave a very skeptical look, "Are you trying to say there's a dog that keeps breaking into the school?" Davie shakes his head for no as he continues his story, "That's the thing though,  I don't think it's a dog either. When I heard those nails on the tile, I immediately turned my head around so fast I almost pissed on the wall. But when I looked back, there was nothing there. So I just tried to finish peeing faster, so I can run back to my room in case there was a wild animal there, when suddenly I heard the sound of a zipper being undone like right in the urinal next to me. Which by the way, it's super weird because like all of them were super open. Why next to me, asshole!? At least that was my first thought because I didn't give up on the idea that this was just some guy who's sneaking around." Everyone in the group kind of laughed at the ridiculousness of the story at this point, but Davie looks genuinely upset.
                                 "That's when I looked to who the fuck was standing next to me and that's when I saw the damn thing! It was... It was... It wasn't... It wasn't even human, but it wasn't an animal either. It was... fucked up, that's what it was! I don't think it was wearing anything, just torn rags and fur, so like where the fuck did the zipper sound come from?!" By this point everyone's cracking up and Davie is getting more frustrated as he tried to explain.
                                 "It looked like a zombie version of roadkill! Like a wolf, but with human proportions, I guess like werezombie or something, I don't know!? I freaked out and started to run, but my pants were down because I undid my belt to get access to my zipper, so my pants fell down and I may or may not have fallen on my way out of the bathroom..." Everyone was absolutely howling with laughter at this point, but he seemed dead serious, "And I just heard this horrible snarling, growling noise run up behind me. I'm on the floor, so I'm panicking, trying to get back up. But like my legs hurt, so like I'm stumbling. That's when suddenly, I felt it tackled me flat to the ground, I tried to fight back and in the commotion of everything. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck as if something tried to grab me with its teeth. Then I got my head slammed into the tile and then it went dark... I then woke up in my bed. I almost thought it was a nightmare, until I woke up with this pain in the back of my neck...." He goes to show, but gets caught of guard.
                                     Tina laughed as she slap the back of his neck, which caused Davie to yelp out in pain, "Right, Danger Davie... More like you got caught out in the open, fell while you were taking a piss, and got your shit beat out of you. Hey if you wanted to make it sound less embarrassing. Newsflash, you're not doing a good job." Y/N snarled, "Tina play nice. Look Davie, I am sure there is a logical ex-" Davie looked hurt in every capacity, more desperate than ever, "I'm not lying, I woke up bleeding from the back of my neck. I just! At first, I wanted to ignore it, but... I want someone to check if it looks bad, but I've been too embarrassed to ask. Can someone just see, if it's as bad as it feels?"
                                 Everyone sort of just snickered at him, but Y/N pointed out Tina's bloody palm, "Well, it's probably not gonna look very good after that." Tina then realized what she had done and tried to wipe it off on her skirt. Y/N gently grabbed him by his shoulders and pulled the uniform collar back to get a good look at his neck and to everyone's surprise, there's a giant human looking shaped bite mark on it. And the only reason why it would be described as 'human shaped,' instead of definitely human, was the canine's marks were a bit too large. Slowly, but surely everyone got a look at the injury and suddenly there was a foreboding feeling lingering in the group. That was until Tina began to laugh like a maniac, "Damn Davie, you and your boyfriend were going crazy last night~"
                                 The tension was immediately broken and the majority of the group couldn't help, but at the minimum let out a chuckle, except for Davie who was fucking mad, "Man, fuck all of you! I'm being serious, there's a monster in the school! ... And I'm not GAY!!!!" Despite his best efforts, this only made the group laugh at him even harder. But then Dennis stopped laughing and spoke up, "On a serious note, I actually believe you. I saw something the other night too."
                                  Y/N paused in confusion before letting out a very nonchalant, "Let me grab my backpack, I have some Band-Aids and disinfect in there. Meanwhile, I guess you guys should chitchat..."
                                   Davie looked incredibly skeptical, but allowed Dennis to speak, "You did?" Dennis put on a serious expression, "A few nights ago, in the dead of the night, I heard something absolutely strange. At first, I thought it was our dear White Wolf because it sounded similar to them or at least I thought it was, but when I looked outside I saw no one there. Then I heard a noise. It was a sound of a panting dog in the distance. Then, suddenly, I saw it exactly what you described a few seconds ago, except transparent and covered in blood. And it was dragging something, something meaty across the hallway. And that's when the terrible thing said something to me- And wait, what's that!?" He dramatically stops his story and points at a window, everyone instinctually looked in that direction, but the only thing there was the vice principal. That's when Dennis screams at the top of his lungs in Davie's ear, scaring the ever living shit out of him. Dennis then proceeds to laugh at Davie, "I can't believe you fell for that, you big baby, obviously I didn't see any of that shit! Let alone that something was in the window. For Pete's sakes, it's broad daylight. If there was a ghost, do you think they would just pop out of nowhere in the middle of the day?"
                                 Davie just pouted as he held his ear as Dennis attempted to lean back on the wall again, but stopped suddenly. He letting out a small yip as he quickly turns around and looks at the wall, "What the fuck was that?" Now he's pointing at the wall and nobody at this point is amused. Tina groaned, "Dude, you're really pushing your luck today! Even someone like Davie, isn't going to fall for that shit twice." Davie just grumbled having no energy to fight back, instead, he looked down to the ground. Y/N appeared again and gave him a small hug as they began to patch Davie up. Meanwhile, Michael looked sad for Davie. He still couldn't get rid of this visual similarity between Davie and his friend Carlton after all.
                                 Meanwhile, Dennis rolled his eyes as he backs away from the wall, "I'm being serious this time, I did feel like someone was right behind me. I swear I felt it. Like someone was just breathing there. It was like I backed into him, but..." Tina proceeds to yell and call Dennis an assortment of names. As Y/N rolled their eyes, then briefly focused on the wall for a few seconds as they finished up helping out Davie. They appeared like they were no longer having a good time, seemingly nervous about something and Michael immediately noticed.
                                 Quietly walking over to them, Micheal put his hand on their shoulder causing them to jump, "Hey, is everything all right?" Y/N's eyes explored Micheal for a moment as they shook their head, but then nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine, it's just... I don't know. I just really don't like the idea of someone stealing my face and doing weird shit. The wolf isn't just a mask thing. It's... it's a part of me in a weird way and I don't like the idea of a part of me being used without me. And I don't obviously believe that there's actually an entity using my identity, but I don't know, it just- Nevermind forget about it, Mike..."
                                 He let out a sigh, "That's OK, if you don't wanna talk about it, that's fine..." Michael then moved his hand off of Y/N to scratch his shoulder, "Man, it's getting cold... I might have to start wearing my undershirt again. Gross... Ha, that's strange... That cold patch just left..."
                                 But Y/N didn't say anything, they just stared at Michael for a moment not saying anything, they then just grabbed Michael's hand and drag them away to get away from the others for a bit.