Chapter 4: Heathens 

POV: 1st -Mike
I took a mental note, "OK it just seems like a very big version of regular high school." They shrug, "As fresh meat, take a note of which one you want to join and, in the meantime, stay at the Reject table close to me. Nobody fucks with me in the school... And I wouldn't listen to any of the rumors about me..."
It didn't seem like I had much of a choice did I, although it did feel like normal high school, it definitely felt like everyone stopped to stare at me. I briefly overheard something, "Is that the new kid who got his ass kicked? He should be lucky he walked away with both of his legs still working, they're a monster..." Ignoring them, I sat down. The people in front of me were well, very different from one another. They didn't say anything, they just sort of stared me down.
"Hey everyone this is Michael. Is it OK if I call you Mike?"
"Oh yeah that's what my friends call me...." I paused for a moment, why was I acting like such a pussy, "I mean yeah call me Mike." Everyone at the table looked at me and almost animalistic stared me down, "Guys give the kid a break, he's new. I already kicked his ass I think he's been punished enough."
Y/N put their arm around me jokingly, "The guys got a lot of moxie, but nothing to back it up... I got it how about we call him Moxy Mike!" The rest of the group seem to find that funny and, although it felt like they were laughing at me, it mostly felt like they were just laughing away the awkwardness.
"I'm Danger Davie. You can probably guess why they call me danger." He jokingly flexes his muscles, he reminds me a lot of my friend Carlton. He even has the same reddish brown hair. The rest introduced themself one by one, each one having a silly nickname.
Although there was one thing that surprised me, Y/N's nickname was, "They call me, "White Wolf." It's because I have a white wolf mask that I wear whenever I'd get into some mischief. They've tried taking it away from me and they have failed." I couldn't help, but laugh thinking about my foxy mask at home. Things were feeling a lot more comfortable now.

POV: 2nd
Despite your best efforts and the rough ass-kicking you gave Mike on his first official day of school, he decided that he wanted to be a part of our group. "Great," you thought to yourself, "Things were now just going to be more and more awkward." Mike didn't make himself easy to be around, as the unofficial leader of the Rejects, you basically got stuck babysitting him.
The nickname "Moxy Mike" seem to be very appropriate as he would get into fights over anything or anyone. With each day he got more and more bold. As an older sibling you're sort of used to this sort of behavior, but it's strange having to keep someone under control who is literally older than you. It was also strange that you had to help him with homework.
After a few months, you simply just got used to him being there and he seemed completely chummy with you. All was well until November came around. For the children who were sent here not on probation, most of their families came to pick them up to enjoy Thanksgiving with their family. Meaning the only people that were going to be at school during Thanksgiving week was half of your group and most of the Delinquents.