12 - odd request

"Do whatever you want! You never listen to me anyways. I shouldn't have told you about this. I'm hanging up bye" Sreya angrily threw her phone on the bed and sat down, frowning deeply. "What is it? Who you arguing with bro" Subho munched on some potato chips she found in the kitchen. "WHAT THE HELL WHO TOOK MY POTATO CHIPS!!!! I'LL KI- SUBHO HOW DARE YOU" Maho dashed at Subho, trying to snatch away the rest of the chips present in the packet. "I found it so it's mineeee bleh bleh bleh" Subho teased Maho and kept eating from the packet. "Let Abi come back with the snacks! I'll not let u touch it. I'll lock up the pantry" Maho huffed, threw Subho's uniform on the floor and went back into the kitchen.
"What the hell were...you two doing...?" Abi asked, closing the door behind her. She went inside the kitchen and kept the snack on the counter and went back to where the others were sitting. "Why is your uniform lying here? Pick it up and keep it back to where it was" Subho sighed and picked up her uniform. "Maho threw it! Why do I need to keep it!!?? Ugh" she stomped her feet, picking up her clothes.
It was approximately more than 1 month after the puja vacation and now they were back in the dorm. As much as they loved being back, all of them pretty much wanted the vacation to last longer than that. On top of that, internal exams also started at the end of November. In between all these, Danish and Maho became closer than before. They always talked, both in school and online. Maho used to say that it was nothing, but no one failed to notice how her smile almost reached her ears and how she became annoyed whenever Danish became offline for a long time. Other than that, she was always blushing whenever someone mentioned him.

On the other hand, "YO YO YO GUYS LISTEN UP!!!!! DANISH TOLD MAHO TO MAKE MACARONS FOR HIM!!" Aditya ran inside their dorm to inform the rest of the dorm-mates . "HEINNNNN WHATTTT????" Deep jumped up from his couch and looked at him with wide eyes. "How the hell do YOU of all people know it?" Raghav squinted his in suspicion and walked towards Aditya. "If you don't know, I do have direct connections" he smirked at Raghav. "Adi isn't lying though. It's true" Danish shrugged, while coming out of the bathroom. "What do you mean?? You directly asked her to make you macarons?! For real!???!" Deep held Danish's shoulder and shook him. "You'll see when she gives me the macarons. Now shut up and leave me alone. I have pending assignments to do" he brushed off Deep's hand and went to study in his corner.
"Oi Adi how did you know before us?" Deep was very curious. "I told toh I have connections" Aditya leaned back on the couch. "Aareh that only. Who-" "It was Abi wasn't it?" Raghav spoke in between, cutting off Deep, mid sentence. "Who knows~" his voice trailed off. "Abi as in the one in Maho's group? You talk to her? Damn she hardly talks to me what in the-" "Maybe try to be less creepy next time hm?" Aditya took the remote from Deep and turned on the TV.

"God dammit Sreya! I told you to set the timer for 5 mins! Not 3 ughhhh. Now set it for 2 more mins and let it be there" Maho was lost. She didn't know how to respond when Danish told her to make macarons for him. For some reason, she couldn't deny his request so she was making variety of coloured macarons just for him. "ABI WHERE THE HELL DID YOU KEEP THE WHISK?" "It's in the lower cabinet!" "I LITERALLY SEARCHED- Oh never mind, I found it" she started to mix the batter with the whisk. "Ok now Subho hand me the sug- I TOLD YOU NOT TO OPEN THE PACKET!! WHY ARE YOU EATING IT LIKE THAT" Maho snatched away the sugar packet from Subho. "I just wanted to taste it! Chill" Subho started to sulk and went back to her bed. Maho was indeed working hard for the macarons. After all it was for the one and only Danish.
After like 1 hour, Maho finally came out of the kitchen, a covered plate in her hand. "Woah you're finally done?" "Haha yeah now set the table I gotta do some decorations" "You could've done that in the kitchen-" Sreya peeked at the kitchen and turned back to Maho "Never mind, I'll set the table". Maho kept the food on the table and went back to the kitchen to bring out the stuff she was going to put on the macarons. "How come you never made anything like that for us? You're baking for him that too macarons! Not even a normal baked food tsk" Subho side-eyed Maho and sat down around the table. "Oh come on! You and Danish aren't the same. He's spe- Owh that hurt" Maho slapped on Abi's shoulder, signalling her to shut up. "Shut up or the macarons won't look good. Let me concentrate" Maho muttered and started to decorate the food with toppings.

The whole box was kept in the fridge, so that it won't get ruined overnight. In the morning, Maho woke up before the other three and started to pack for the day. It was their last day before the Winter Carnival and vacation. Everyone was more or less excited for the day. Maho wanted to participate for the carnival but she didn't have enough courage to audition for it. She planned to visit the carnival with the others. Back to the day, she packed everything nicely and went to wake up the three. "Yooo where is my other shoe" "Oh god subho are you blind? It's literally lying in the corner" "Oh right. Thanks!". After that they walked out of the dorm, together. "SHIT. I FORGOT MY WALLET. You three wait here. I'll be right back" that being said, Abi ran back to the hostel building. The other three went ahead. It took her some time to find her wallet as she forgot where she kept it last night. After putting the wallet in her bag, she checked everything once again and walked out of the dorm, locking the door. From the opposite dorm, three guys walked out at the same time. "Yoo Abira! You going alone? Let's go together" Deep stepped towards Abi. "Uh good morning. Yeah I forgot something so I had to come back" Abi awkwardly smiled at him. "So can you wait for us? Dan will be out in a minute let's go together!" he offered. "Her friends are waiting for her, Deep. Plus we don't know how much time Dan needs. So stop pestering her" Aditya headlocked Deep and signalled Abi to go. "Um okay then I'll be on my way haha. See y'all later? Byee" Abi ran out of the building, where Maho, Sreya and Subho were waiting. "What took you sooooo longggg" Maho whined. "Areh you know Deep right? They were all walking out and he saw me. Aditya da saved me from walking with him" Abi reasoned. "Why do you hate that guy so much?" "I don't hate him. He just creeps ne out. Anyways let's go". They went on their way, towards the school.

Time felt slower, but finally it was dispersal. The school grounds seemed more crowded than normal days. Everyone was busy taking pics with their friends. In the middle of all that, Maho was loosing her mind. Danish texted her after the last bell rang. She showed the text to Abi.

====================================

Danish
Oiii class over? ₄:₀₂ ₚₘ

Maho
Hmmm
Yours? ₄:₀₅ ₚₘ

Yeah it's over ₄:₀₅ ₚₘ
Btw wait for me in the back gate
Ok? ₄:₀₆ ₚₘ

Why??
Oh I almost forgot lollll ₄:₀₆ ₚₘ

Yeah the macarons hehe ₄:₁₀ ₚₘ

Ikk, ty for the reminder
I'll wait dw₄:₁₇ ₚₘ

====================================

"Ughhhhh I don't wannaaaa" "Then why did you make the food?" "I don't know dherrrrr. You'll stay there right?" "NO WAY. I DON'T WANNA THIRD WHEEL AGAIN" "SHUT UP THERE'S NOTHING TO THIRD WHEEL ABI!!!" Maho and Abi bickered as usual.
They went out of the classroom, while Maho started biting her nails out of nervousness. "Calm down I can literally hear your deep breaths" "I can't". They went towards the pond, Maho and Danish's usual meet up place. "Go go go. You got this. See he's standing there waiting for you" Abi pointed at Danish from a distance and pushed Maho forward. She walked up to him and called him, while Abi stood at a distance, scrolling on her phone.
"Oh hi! You're late" "Yeah haha our class was dispersed later than usual. Anyways here's the macarons. It was very soft when it was freshly baked but I think leaving it overnight made the softness go away a little bit". Maho took out a big lunch box from her bag and placed it in front of Danish. She opened the container, revealing the neatly placed various coloured macarons. "It looks tasty" Danish took a slice of cake and ate it. "Mmmmm it's really delicious! You're a really good baker Maho" he complimented Maho and chewed on one of the macarons. "Can I take this? I'll return the container later" "Yeah sure sure! I'll go now ok?" Maho walked away from Danish and went towards Abi, who was still waiting for her. "Done? Let's go" "Yeah let's go". They went towards the hostel building, Abi teasing Maho about Danish taking the full box with him. "He'll boast about his girlfriend's food. His friends will definitely compliment you!" "Oh come on shut up" Maho playfully rolled her eyes, but she was blushing. "Ok but you gotta make some macarons for us too!!! Tsk you even gave the colours from the colour palette of 'Whisper of the Heart'" "Woah you noticed that wow. Btw don't worry I'll make some for us too". They giggled and continued their walk.