Chapter 11

As we brought our horses up to the barn, Ty was walking out of the barn, I bet he heard us.
I watched Ty, help her get off of the horse. While I got off, she went inside the barn.

" How did things go on the trail ride?" - Ty asked me as we untacked the horses.

" Things actually went really well. We talked, and laughed. I can feel a real bond growing between us." - I said, while smiling.

Me and Ty looked over to where Ellie is in the barn, she is currently petting one of the horses. Me and Ty hug. Today has been a really good day.

It's been a few months since I joined the Heartland family, and It's been great! Well most of it. My bond with my brother and Amy is one of the strongest bonds I've ever had. I have been working on coming out of my shell, with the help of the Bartlett-Fleming-Morris-Borden family. Wow, that's a mouth full. I started school, and ditched it a few times, got grounded by Ty, AND Jack gave me extra farm chores. But I'm not used to having to go to school on a regular basis. Ty and Amy are still dating, and get this. Ty is thinking about going to Vet school! How cool would that be to work on animals?
Well I'll talk to you later.
                                                 ~ Ellie Borden

I put down my diary and pencil, and stand up off my bed, and lift my mattress and place my diary underneath it, and lower my mattress back down. I glance around my corner of the loft and admire all of the work I've put in and the time and detail it took to get it where it is now.  (it's sunflower themed). 

I  walk over to the stairs that go down into the barn, when I remember that I have a new pair of cowgirl boots that Lou gifted me. They are so sparkly. Ahh, I can't get over them, they are so pretty. I put them on and walk down the stairs, and I see Ty and Amy kissing.

" Get a room." - I say, scaring both of them. 

They immediately break apart, and go back to doing their own things. I watch both Ty and Amy look down at my boots, and smile and shake their heads.

" You know, you probably shouldn't wear those boots on this ranch. They are going to get dirty, real quick." - My brother said while shoveling horse manure into a wheel burrow.  

" Ehh, I'll be fine." - I say walking over to the blue truck. I open the passenger side door, and grab my backpack. Yay, school.

I look down at my watch and notice I'm going to be late for the bus. 
" Ty, can you drive my down to the bus stop?" - I ask in a hurry.

" Yes, now come on." - He tells me walking over to his truck.

As a go to the truck I notice my brother is a nervous wreck. We start driving down the very long driveway, ( something I will probably never get used to).

" I'm just going to take you to school instead." - My brother said to me.

I sighed. " Is there something you need to get off your chest? You seem nervous." - I stated, a little concerned by how he seemed nervous.

" I'm thinking about proposing to Amy." - He said.

I sat there looking like a total dork, with my mouth wide open. 
I let out the most high pitch girl scream anyone could.

" Ok" - He laughs " So you're on board with it?" - He asks me.

" Hell yeah I am." - I say while being a little too excited.