Chapter 5

A couple of hours later **

Elliana is still trapped in the bathroom when she hears the front door open and slam.
She has gotten pretty good at telling what time of day it is by the closing of the door.

" Oh crap, Dave is here." -Elliana said under her breath. 

There was some distinct yelling than footsteps towards the bathroom.
Within seconds the bathroom door flew open.

Dave is a big tall person, with hair on the sides of his head, but not in the middle.

When he walked into the bathroom where Elliana is his face was red and veins are visible on his forehead. 

" What the hell is wrong with you?!" -He yelled.

Before Elliana could reply she was yanked up by her arm from the floor she was sitting on.
She was basically dragged to her bedroom.

" How stupid can you be!?" -Dave yelled throwing Elliana on her bed.

" Do you think this is a joke!" -Dave said slapping her across the face.

" Who the hell did you call in Canada?!" -He yelled.

Elliana sat on her bed with her hand covering her cheek from the stinging pain she is feeling.

" Answer me!" -He yelled slapping her across the face again.

Elliana didn't answer him.

" That's it!" -He yelled and went towards her.

Canada**

Ty has been driving for 11 hours and is about to get to his destination of his moms house.
After a couple of minutes he finally arrived. 

He gets out of his blue truck and is immediately greeted by his mom.

" Honey, I am so glad you finally made it for a visit!" -Lily said hugging her son. 

" Yeah, so mom there is a reason why I came for a visit, it wasn't just to see you either." -Ty said.

" Ok?" -Lily said.

" I am wondering if you know anything about Brad having another kid, a daughter?" -Ty asks.

" Uhm, I think he mentioned something. If anything, there might be something in his social security box. I have the key to it if you're interested in going to the bank I can take you." -Lily suggested. 

" Sure, I'll drive." -Ty said. 

After around 45 minutes Ty and Lily arrived at the bank. 

" Alright, come on, let's get this over with." -Ty said right before walking into the bank. 

After about an hour they left the bank with Brads security box.

After another 45 minutes in the truck they made it back to Lilys. 

They walked into Lilys house and sat the box on the kitchen counter.

" Well, here goes nothing." -Ty says taking a deep breath, then opening the box with the key.

When he unlocked it and opened it he saw 2 birth certificates, a wedding ring, an envelope and a picture of a girl that looks to be 12 or 13 years old.

" I think this could be his daughter, and if I am correct her name is Elliana." -Ty said looking at the two pictures. 

As he picked them up out of the box he noticed a white piece of paper folded up at the very bottom. 

Ty picks it up and unfolds it. 
After being silently reading the letter for a couple of minutes he gently puts the letter on the counter, then looks at Lily. 

" He does have a daughter, her name is Elliana. I was  correct, this says she lives in North Carolina, more specifically, Wilmington North Carolina. It's a 47 hour drive from here, so it would probably be a 42 hour drive from Alberta." -Ty said explained.

Ty's eyes shifted from his mother to a picture on the fridge. 

Ty walked over to the picture and saw that it was Lily and Wade.

" Mom, what the hell? Since when are you and Wade back together?" -Ty asked in disbelief

" We have been together for 6 months. This is the happiest I have ever been with him." -Lily responded

" Mom! He used to beat us! Don't you remember that?!" -Ty yelled

" I do, I do. But people can change, I mean look at you." -Lily responded

" Mom, people like him don't change! They really don't! I can't believe you!" -Ty said grabbing the box off the counter and walking off.

" Ty! Come back!" -Lily yelled.

Ty stopped right before he got into his truck.

" Just tell me, does he love you?" -Ty asked 

" Yes, yes he does, and I love him. He treats me really well, he doesn't drink, he doesn't gamble, he doesn't hit me. We are in love with each other." -Lily says

" Ok mom. I believe you. I have to go now, I love you mom." -Ty said now facing his mom.

" I love you too son." -Lily said going into a hug.

Ty hugs his mom.

To Be Continued . . . 

~ Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I am sorry it took me a couple of weeks to get this chapter out, I was experiencing writers block, but I am back now thriving. Leave in the comments how you liked this chapter, and if you would change anything.