Chapter 4

In Canada**

Ty sat the phone down and sighed.

" Who was that Ty?" -Lou asked.

" I think that was my sister." -He replied.

" Y-your sister?! Since when do you have a sister?" -Lou asked 

" I mean, I guess I've always had a sister, but I just found out about her today." -Ty responded.

" Oh. Uhm is it Lily and Wades or your biological dads?" -Lou asked Ty.

" It's Brads. I-I will be right back." -Ty said, then walked out of the house to the barn where Amy is brushing Spartan.

" Hey Ty, who was that on the phone?" -Amy asked while continuing to brush Spartan.

" Do you remember how this morning I told you what that letter contained? About how I have a sister?" -Ty started to explain.

" Yeah?" -Amy responded starting to slow down on brushing Spartan.

" Well, that was my Half sister on the phone. Or at least I think it was." -Ty finished explaining. 

" Oh, well what do you think of her so far?" -Amy asked Ty while setting the brush down.

" Well I'm not sure. She lives in the United States. I think I believe her just because she also got a letter from Brad saying she has a brother that lives in Canada. Which what would be the odds of her getting the letter the same time I get the letter?" -Ty explained. 

" Oh, really?" -Amy asked

" Yeah, but I'm not sure where though." -Ty said.

" Well, maybe if you gain the trust of her, and she gains the trust of you, then maybe you can find out more information on her. What's her name?" -Amy asked

" Elliana." -Ty said with a small smile.

" Amy, it's really cool to think I have a little sister out there. I've always wanted a little sister to keep her out of harms way." -Ty said while looking off in the distance.

2 weeks later . . . 

Ty and Elliana have been chatting a lot the past two weeks, but only during the time frame Elliana gave Ty. 

On one of the days they are talking something happened. 

" So Ty, tell me what you do for work." -Elliana asked.

" Well, I work on a horse ranch." -Ty replied with.

" That's really cool." -Elliana said. 

There was yelling on Elliana's side of the phone.

" Elliana, is everything ok?" -Ty asked a little concerned with the yelling.

" I-I have to go. Just remember this Ty I live where there was a huge tornado in Carolina." -Elliana said then the phone had cut out. 

" Elliana?!" -Ty yelled into the phone.

" Is everything alright Ty?" -Amy asked walking into the barn office.

" N-no. Elliana and I were talking then all of a sudden there was yelling on her side of the phone, then she said that she lives where there was a big tornado in Carolina." -Ty explained. 

" Ty, that's North Carolina." -Amy said.

" Really? What part or did it cover the entire north side?" -Ty asked.

" I'm not sure." -Amy

" Amy, I'm scared for what might've happened to Elliana." -Ty expressed.

" Ok, uhm did Brad leave any information that could lead to Elliana? Or maybe your mom knows." -Amy suggested.

" Maybe, come to think of it, I think my dad left a security box in my hometown. I think my mom has the key." -Ty said with a small bit of excitement in his voice. 

" Well, give her a call and try to get the key." -Amy suggested. 

" Ok, I will. If a 252 number pops up can you answer it? It will be Elliana." -Ty told Amy

" I don't know if my phone will always reach cell service the entire time while I am driving." -Ty asked Amy.

" Sure. Does she know of me?" -Amy asked.

" No, she doesn't. We haven't really gotten that far into a relationship to start talking about family members, and spouses and stuff." -Ty. 

" Oh ok. Well, have fun on your little road trip to Vancouver, and stay safe!" -Amy replied while she watched Ty get in his truck and drive away.

Amy didn't know how to feel, even though he is with Kit she still wants him as her own, as her boyfriend. 

In North Carolina **

" Who the hell were you talking to?" - Amanda (Elliana's mom) asked.

" It was just a friend from school." - She replied

" Really? I just got the cell phone bill and it says you have been making international calls to Canada!" -Amanda yelled. 

Before Elliana could respond her mom pulled her by her wrist and dragged her to the bathroom.

" You can stay in here until I tell you to come out. Just wait until your dad comes home." -Amanda said right before she shuts and locks the door.

" That's not my real dad. That's my stepdad" -Elliana said under her breath, before sitting down in front of the bathtub. 

To be continued . . . 

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter of the story! I would love to hear your feedback on this chapter, and don't forget to leave a star! 
~ heartland_fam07