Chapter 3

Amy stared at Ty. 

" R-really? You have a-a sister?" -Amy asked barley able to get it out.

" Apparently. But who knows, my father was a con artist. You can't believe anything he says." -Ty replied staring at the ground.

" So, what's the next move?" -Amy asked holding Ty's hands in hers.

" Nothing, she lives her life, I live mine. There's nothing to it really." -Ty replied

" Ty, are you sure?" - Amy asked her boyfriend.

" I am certain." -Ty said, then got up and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

North Carolina**

Elliana was sitting in the living room on the couch not wanting to believe what she just learned. There was no way she could have a brother, is there? 
After a couple of minutes of just sitting there she got the urge to look for clues of a brother. She thought if she has a brother there will be something of him there in that house. 

' Ok, look for something that has the name Borden on it.' -She thought to herself walking to the back of the house.

The first room she decided to go through was a room she was never allowed in, her mom's study. 

Elliana's POV

I walked into my moms study and saw stacks of papers everywhere. I tip toed around them knowing that if there was any trace of me in here that I'll get punished. 
I scanned the room looking for anything that contained the name 'Brad' or ' Borden ' . 

Right after I was about to give up I saw a newspaper that contained the name ' Ty Borden ' as the headline.
I picked it up real slow hoping to not knock anything over, which I succeeded in. 

I left the room the exact way I had went in, then closed the door behind me.

I took a deep breath then walked to my room and locked the door behind me. I walked over to my twin sized bed and sat down on it. There was an article beneath the headline ' Ty Borden ' I skimmed through it and picked up on a couple of words that just stuck out to me, ' Heartland ' ' Marion Fleming' 'Horses' 'Ty Borden' , 'Canada' , and ' Arrested' .

I sat there and thought to myself " If I have a brother, was he arrested?" I had so many questions and I didn't know if I could get answers to them. I got curious and walked over to the computer across from my bed. 

I searched up 'Heartland Canada' to see if there was any information on it. Sure enough a horse website was the first thing that popped up. I tried to keep my excitement down to a minimum. I clicked on the website and it showed an employee list, I clicked on that as well. 

I examined the list until I saw 'Ty Borden' .  I slightly smiled, I glanced at the time and it was 11:30 a.m. I took a breath of relief, my mom wasn't going to be home till 5 p.m.

I looked around the website for a little while trying to get a better understanding of what the place was about, and just generally what it was, then I saw a phone number and address to the place, without hesitating I wrote down the number and and sped walked to the kitchen to get the home phone. I dialed the number faster than I thought  I could. Then I felt a rush of anxiety over my body, my hands started to shake uncontrollably as I heard the phone ring, next thing I knew I heard a lady on the phone.

" Hi, you have reached Heartland, this is Lou Fleming, how may I help you?" -The lady Lou asked. 

" H-hi is there a guy named Ty Borden that works at Heartland?" -I asked still shaking out of fear.

" Yes, that would be our ranch hand." -Lou responded.

" Uhm, is there any way I can speak with him?" -I asked 

" Is there a certain reason you are wanting to speak with him?" -The kind lady asked.

" It's uhm, it's a family matter." - I said, mainly feeling weird using those choice of words.

" A family matter? Uhm I can see if he is free." -She suggested.

I felt the corners of my lip curl.

After a couple of minutes I heard a mans voice on the phone.

" Hello? Who is this?" -He asked

" T-this is Elliana. I know you don't know me, but I-I think we shared the same father." -I replied.

" Elliana what's your last name?" -He asked me.

" It's Castro." -I replied

" Well, I think it is." -I added.

" Oh. What do you mean you 'think it is' ?" -He asked me.

" Is-is your fathers name Brad Borden?" -I asked him.

" It is, or at least it was." -Ty said.

" I know this sounds weird, but I got this letter this morning and it said that I had a brother named 'Ty Borden' and that my actual last name is 'Borden' but I guess my mom changed my last name to Castro a couple of months after I was born." -I explained to him.

It was silent for a couple of moments.

" Elliana you don't have to tell me this, but where do you live?" -He asked me.

" I live in the United States. But I know you live in Canada." -I replied.

" Elliana, I have to go, but I'll call you back tomorrow." -Ty said

" Ok, but only call me during the times of 7 a.m. -5 p.m. My mom is at work, and I don't want to get in trouble. I'm not allowed to use the phone at all." -I explained.

" Ok, well I'll talk to you tomorrow." - He said.

" Alright bye." -I said then hung up the phone.

Wow, I can't believe I just did that. I thought to myself as I put the phone back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Canada**

Ty sat the phone down and sighed.

" Who was that Ty?" -Lou asked.

" I think that was my sister." -He replied.

To be continued . . . 

Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading this chapter! If you made it this far leave a star and a comment. Please tell me how you feel about this chapter, and story as a whole. 

I am sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out. But once I start getting into the groove of something, then I just roll along.

~heartland_fam07