My Immortal Love...Or Hate... (Twenty-One)

I was laughing, smiling, and pretty much high on happy. Something that doesn't happen to often to me. 

  Rayne took me to Starbucks, got me my favorite Caramel Frapachino (Grande) we went on the bus, and did some people watching, and laughed our asses off. And, we acutally saw a hobo eating chilie! I laughed so much!

  We're on our way to this shopping center that Rayne told me about. I forgot the name the second he told me. All I understood was the word 'Shopping'.  

  "Hey Vi, we're here." Rayne said to me. I nodded, and stood up. I bumped into some random girl. 

  "Hey, watch where you're going, bitch!" She hissed at me. I glared at her, but before I could retort, Rayne got into the picture. He didn't even say anything before the girl put on a cute face and started batting her eyes like an idiot. 

  "Listen, this girl right here," He pointed at me, "This girl means a great deal to me. Now, if you insult her ever again, I'll break your wrist. Maybe even your arm. So get on with your own life." 

  The girl's stupid face was instantly wiped off her face, and she cowered under Rayne's heavy glare, and nodded her head. 

  "Common Vi." Rayne said. I nodded, and walked off the bus with him. 

  "Well? Whatcha think?" Rayne asked me

  I gasped. It was like one hundred stores. The first stores that caught my eyes were, Game Stop, Clare's, Tilly's, Books A Million, a Vans, A Converse store, Rue 21... Holy crap I love it here! "Can we go to Converse first?" I asked Rayne

  "What ever you want Vi." He said smiling at me

  "Awesome! Common!" I yelled taking his hand. For a couple of years I've had my eyes set on neon green converse. And today, I intend to get them. 

  We pushed passing people who got in our way, and got pleantly of 'Watch where you're going!' I ignored it. They ment nothing to me. When we got to the store, I let go of Rayne's hand, and fast walked to the shoes in my size I have pretty big feet, a nine and a half. And finding GOOD shoes in that size is really hard. "Hey Vi, does it matter if the shoes are low tops?" Rayne asked me after about twenty minutes of looking

  "I don't really care- Wait, you FOUND them?!" I almost yelled. But a few heads turned in our direction either way. Rayne nodded, and handed them to me. I looked at the size to make sure he didn't give me the wrong thing. They were my size. And I had to keep myself from screaming out of joy. I threw them to Rayne and he walked to the front desk to pay for them. 

  While Rayne was paying for the shoes I was walking around. 

  "Hey sweetie." A voice said behind me. 

  I instantly turned stiff. Anger flared in my body briefly, and my eyes flashed red then back to dark brown. But only a little bit of my vision was tinted red. 

  I didn't turn around. I just let my hands curl up into fists. The person behind me laughed softly. The laugh I thought that I fell in love with when I first came to the orphanage. 

  "Don't tell me you don't remember me." He whispered in my ear. 

  I was still turned away from him, and Rayne was still stuck in line. 

  "Shouldn't you be doing some slut?" I asked him, with poison in my words.

  "I haven't done that since last week. But you could be next.." He whispered, as he started to kiss my shoulder, and go up to my neck. Then he started to caress my body in places that shouldn't be caressed in public. 

  I shuddered at his touch. But refused to give in. My fists tightened. "Drew. Stop. Now." I said low enough for only him to hear.

  "Come on Violet. You know you like my touch... You did back then" Drew said as he let his hands travel my body.

  "That was then and this is now. Where are your 'Parents?'" I asked him

  "Dead."

  "I'm sorry."

  "Yeah, but I'm doing just fine on my own." 

  Rayne was just now paying for the shoes. Damnit hurry up!

  "Drew. Get away from me. Now!"

  "No. I'm going to make you into my personal slut." He said 

  "No... Never again." I mumbled

  I got away from Drew, and my eyes turned bloody red, and my hands and hair went to flames. 

  Drew went wide eyed, and glared. Then he closed his eyes, and when he opened them his eyes were white. And so was his hair. And his skin looked really pale.  "If you want it this way, so be it." Drew said

  I looked around me. The store was deserted. Well except for Rayne who was looking angry and confused at the same time. He caught my eye, and with my head I motioned for him to help me. 

  He nodded, dissappeared in flames and re-appeared by my side, with his hands and hair on fire, and his eyes the same shade as mine. Drew lifted one hand, aimed at me, and ice shot right out of his hand. At the same time Rayne and I stuck our hands out, and fire shot out. Obviously, fire beats ice, and two fire users against one ice user is just way too easy. 

  Drew was sent soaring in the air, and he back slammed into a wall filled with shoes. The shoe boxes fell on top of him. I surpressed a laugh.

  Rayne looked at me, and I looked at him. He took my hand, and I felt myself start to dissapear. And the last thing I saw was my hands dissapearing in flames. And I closed my eyes.

  "Vi."

  I opened my eyes. We were back in my room. "Yes?" I asked

  "Who was that?"

  I sighed, "That was Drew."

  His eyes flashed red and then turned black. "Who is he?"

  "An old boyfriend. To make a long story short he invited me to his room, where he was making out on his bed with a slut. I beat the shit outta Drew, and ran out of the room broken hearted, and in tears."

  "I should go back there and kill him for hurting you..." Rayne said, shaking in anger.

  "I got over it, Ray. Don't worry" I said putting a hand on his shoulder. 

  Rayne looked at me, and his eyes returned to their normal color. Then he hugged me.

  I hugged him back, "Wanna watch a movie?" He asked me

  "Sure, what movie?"

  "Jackass Number Two"

  "YES!" I yelled

  I ran into the living room, but stopped in my tracks. I almost tripped over a box. 

  I bent down to pick it up. It felt like there was something in it, and after looking it over, I found Rayne's name on it. 

  Weird... "Hey Rayne!" I yelled

  He came down holding the DVD in his hand. "Yeah?"

  "This came for you..." 

  Rayne looked confused. I handed him the box. He opened it, and looked even more confused... He reached in and took out, 

  A brownie. Wait, what?