7 ~ Avalanche

Avalanche

Chains of wild roars keep breaking out of my throat, maddened under the weight of the truth crashing down onto me

Chains of wild roars keep breaking out of my throat, maddened under the weight of the truth crashing down onto me. The insanity of such power being trapped under the shackles of something for four years rips me apart from within. 

It rages right out of the very core of my being and dares to burn my being to the ground as it razes through my every cell and every breath and every beat of my heart. 

But greater than the burn of that is the agony of the memories. The memories which now cascade down upon me like a fountain of fire and ice, the agony of them flaying my insides, making me almost throw up right on the floor. 

And I would've, if it would've been only guilt. But it is not. Sheer rage boils my blood, as memories crash down onto me. 

We're safe, Ashton.

And what if I plan on running?

Elle

You want me to do that tousling thing to your hair again, Ash?

Mom

Oh, none of that, little one. You are akin to a daughter of our own. Such formalities are unnecessary.

Dad

I can't bear your silence, lavender.

What if they see the future Alpha kissing the future Luna? Oh Goddess, how scandalous.

I would know it in any world, any life, any form, anywhere in time and space. I would die for these lavender eyes to glitter with warmth - anytime, anywhere.

You look rather lush yourself, my love.

Something between a sob, a dry heave and a growl escapes my throat - a constricted noise of utter helplessness and fury and grief unlike any I've ever known. 

Because I remember every single thing. Every fucking moment. 

And I remember my mate.

My mate my mate my mate

The beast within me isn't just a wolf now, it's what the beast within my dad was. It's what my wolf was supposed to turn into that very night of the cursed carnival. And this beast thrashes within the confines of my human form, almost clawing at my skin from within, ready to rip me into bloody ribbons if I don't-

I tighten my grip around the shard of ceramic in my hand, and a thick, dark crimson liquid oozes out. The blood of whatever it is that I have unleashed within myself. 

The world around me quakes, as liquid rage seeps out of my palm onto the floor. The thunderstorm is louder than ever, but the roars that rip out of my soul in waves of fathomless anguish are louder still.