Chapter Six (Bella)

Today is the custody battle for Renesmee. I know Alice said we win, but the future can change.
    After sitting in the courtroom for twenty minutes, we hear, "All rise for the honorable judge Jones." So we do. Not long after that, we begin.
    "Today," the judge starts, his voice echoing throughout the room, "Two parents are arguing over who gets custody of their 6 year old daughter Renesmee. Now they will state their cases. Mr. Cullen, you first."
I make sure to put my shield over the judge, just in case Tanya has a power we don't know about.
    "My daughter should get to stay with me because I can give her both a mother and a father. I have a steady job as an accountant, so we have no financial  problems. Our house has a large kitchen, a dining room, four bedrooms, and three bathrooms." Edward tells the judge, smirking. It is not attractive.
    "Okay. Now Mrs. Cullen, your turn." The judge says to me.
"I have no idea where Edward and Tanya live. I do know that it's not even close to here. Renesmee has lived in Forks her entire life, and I think a change like that would be too drastic for her. I can provide her with a large family who will protect her, and love her like she's their own. Our house is much larger than that, and we have more money, I'm sure. Also, Carlisle is a doctor, and we have a hospital room in our house, along with doctor's equipment. So if she would get terribly sick or hurt, Carlisle could treat her at home." I say, very proud of myself. The judge looks at me.
    "Right now, I'm leaning towards Mrs. Cullen, but let's see what Renesmee has to say about this," Judge Jones says. So in walks Renesmee. "Hello young lady," The judge says kindly. "I just want you to tell me if you want to live with Mommy or Daddy?" The judge asks her. Renesmee waste no time answering. "Daddy hurt Mommy's feelings, which was very mean, and he left without saying a word to me, even though he knew I was wide awake. I believe that was because he was too much of a coward to tell me he was leaving. He is not my real family. I want to live with Mommy, Grandma, Grandpa, u
Uncle Emmett, Aunt Rosalie, Uncle Jasper, and Aunt Alice, because they are my real family," Renesmee says.
    I am so proud of my little girl. She stands up for what she thinks is right. She turns, and marches out of the courtroom.
    Then the judge says, "I award full custody to Isabella Cullen. Case closed." He bangs his gavel and then it's over.
    When I walk outside, Renesmee is standing there smiling. I walk up to her and hug her. "We won baby! I am so proud of you!" She smiles bigger. "Thank you Mommy, I'm proud of me too." Our happy moment it's interrupted when Edward comes outside, clearly livid. He grabs Renesmee and starts screaming at her. "How dare you talk to me like that! There are a lot of things I can stand, but my six year old daughter embarrassing me in public? No thank you!" Then he does something that suprises me. He slaps her right across the face. Twice. He raises his hand to hit her again, but I grab her and pull her out of the way.
Before I can blink, the rest of the vampires are beside me, glaring at Edward. Carlisle is the one who finally speaks.     
    "Son, I don't know what you think you're doing, but you cannot and will not strike my granddaughter and your daughter right in front of me. We won't do anything this time, but next time you come close to Renesmee, you will force my hand."
    Edward just laughs. "First of all, don't call me your son, I'm not that anymore. See?"  He takes out a contact so we can all see his bright red eye. Everyone on our group gasps. Edward goes right on talking. "Second and last of all, she is my daughter, and I'll do whatever I want to her."
    Renesmee is still crying, so I ask Carlisle to check her face to see if he used his vampire strength. After five minutes, Carlisle says, "I suspect that she will have heavy bruising." I hate Edward Cullen. He broke me heart, and could have broken my daughter's face.
When we get home, we are greeted by a smiling Rosalie who says, "I'm pregnant."

I Hate Blondes (Twilight  Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें