𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. Flare in . . . Breaking Bad?

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• 🍭 •° ═════╗

Luther! You're Throwing!

╚═════ °• 🍭 •° ═════╝

AS IT TURNS OUT, PULLING an all-nighter to run around town and trespass with childhood friends was not the best idea—especially when Flare had work in the morning. At eight o'clock, she stands behind the counter, staring a hole into the aqua-colored wall across the room. Her eye bags are even more prominent today. Everything has a grayish tint beneath the dawn's glow.

"Didn't sleep well, eh, Sparky?"

Flare blinks herself out of the daze. "Huh? Oh. Not really. What's up, Ricky?"

The man grins. "Nothin' much. Just wonderin' when you plan on refilling the coffee grinder."

She crinkles her nose. "Right. My bad."

Flare locates said coffee grinder, and with a clang, she pops the lid off, pouring a large bag of beans into it. The hatch rattles shrilly. She doesn't mind, though. The delightful scent of fresh coffee grounds in the morning puts a genuine smile on her face.

Flare left Elliot's shortly after Five untied him. Apparently, he needed the man to tap into weather satellites for some reason. That reason—she does not remember. Five explained himself twice, both of which she failed to pay attention to. She was already out the door before he could repeat himself a third time.

Flare shuts the lid. When she turns around, she nearly jumps out of her skin.

Sitting on the other side of the counter is Five.

"What are you doing here?" asks Flare, annoyed. Then she notices Vanya sitting beside him. "Ohh. Is that why you wanted Elliot to tap the weather stations? How does that even— nevermind. You found Vanya. Hi, Vanya."

"Good morning, Flare." Five has his hands folded politely in front of him. "I'll have my usual."

Flare scrunches up her face. "But you've only been here once. How could you even have a 'usual'?"

He sighs. "Coffee, Flare. Black coffee will do."

"There you go. Sure thing," she smiles. "And what about you, Vanya?"

"Oh, uh, I'll have the same thing."

"Sounds good. Lemme go grab that for you."

"Thank you. But, um, how do you know my name?"

Flare raises her eyebrows, confused. "Because . . . you . . . told me?"

"When?"

"Like, seven years ago."