𝐗. Rummaging Through a Dead Guy's Belongings

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

❝ Anyways, you have fun with thinking about matricide. ❞

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

REGINALD HARGREEVES WAS A PRECISE man, and his personal office exhibits nothing less. Albeit the desk had been trashed by someone rummaging through it at some point (Flare could only assume Klaus was behind the mess), the rest of the place remains intact.

Everything in the room is meticulously arranged. The books are organized in a particular order, and aside from the thin layer of dust covering everything, the man's possessions remain spotless. Various interesting gadgets litter the surfaces. An hourglass here, a rotary phone there — just the general things you might find in an old person's room.

There is nothing out of the ordinary. Yet for some inexplicable reason, Flare suddenly felt the urge to go rummaging through the old man's study. She couldn't quite figure out why. It's not like there's anything in there that could aid in her quest. However, she was bored, and that was enough reasoning for her.

Besides, maybe she'd dig up one of his dirty secrets. Does the guy have skeletons in his closet? Most definitely. Oh, just imagine! Perhaps he has documents sealed away somewhere about a devastating scandal from his youth. Money laundering, embezzlement, theft, drug transport, attempted murder, successful murder — the possibilities are endless with this man!

Well, it's not like finding out would change anything. What could Flare do? Tell the cops, then have them dig up Reginald's grave and put cuffs on his body? Might as well put his urn in solitary confinement at that rate.

Whatever Flare discovers, it'd only be for personal entertainment. But really, that's all she needs to function at this point. That, and an unhealthy amount of caffeine.

After the little ordeal with Five and Luther earlier, the girl ended up receiving the honor of listening to the man describe his theories behind his father's death. And oh boy were they something.

When Luther first said he believed Reginald was murdered, Flare forced herself not to laugh. In her opinion, that would be disrespectful, and laughing at a man whose father — despite him being an abusive piece of shit — would be terrible. 

And who knows? She only knew the man for two years, whereas the Hargreeves siblings grew up with him. So maybe there was some sort of familial bond that she's missing, or some sort of attachment she doesn't understand.

Whatever the justification may be, Flare can't help but think to herself that there really isn't any excuse to love a man who hurt you that badly, but she assumes it might just be a case of attachment syndrome or something. It would be immature to make assumptions about a situation she was never in.