𝐈. Don't Let Go

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

Awww, you're like an angry little dog when you get mad. What are you gonna do? Bite me?

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

GUNSHOTS REVERBERATE AGAINST THE WALLS. The robbers' shouts ring out in the distance as they advance further into the bank. Their disordered intrusion leaves behind chaos, tattering the building with bullet holes and bomb craters.

Shattered glass covers the floor. Each piece reflects little beams of sunlight onto the walls like a glass mural. They quiver and sparkle, much like the shadows of leaves in the wind.

Flare glances around with curiosity.

So beautiful, she thinks.

Then, a cloud passes overhead. It blocks out the sun and snuffs out the debris. The walls go dark.

Frowning, she turns away from the area once alight with color.

"Hey, Cinco," Flare glances at her companion, "when are we gonna go help the others? I'm getting kinda bored . . . There were only, like, five stragglers down here."

Five nudges her with his elbow, "Quit being impatient. There's plenty of time for that. We have to take care of the loose ends first."

"Whatever ya say, boss man . . . " she replies sarcastically, kicking a chunk of marble.

Of all their previous missions, why was she assigned to do patrols on this one? One of the most stereotypical, yet exciting crimes is going down, and she can't even get in on the action!

What happened to fighting bad guys like those superheroes in the comics? She wants to kick ass with the rest of the Hargreeves, not sit back and wait around.

A distant crash echoes from the lobby.

Flare sighs. If only she could help. After all, her powers are a great asset to the team. Their opponents would have been crushed with ease by now. Whatever battle her friends are currently fighting is unnecessary.

A shuffling noise meets her ears, and Flare perks up.

Did she just imagine that? Surely not. It sounded like it came from behind one of the pillars lining the hall.

She puts an arm out in front of Five and presses a finger to her lips, silently shushing him. Her eyes dart towards the source of the noise. She motions for Five to follow, and he gives a curt nod before moving into position.