𝐗𝐈𝐕. Two Furries with Automatic Rifles

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

❝ Nowhere to run now, huh, Sparky? ❞

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

ONCE AGAIN, FLARE FINDS HERSELF dragging her feet along the pavement. Except this time, instead of heading for the Academy, she's making a beeline for the nearest gas station. 

With the sun having vanished an hour ago, nothing but the stars are out to accompany her tonight. Even then, she can barely see them, as the lights from the city obscure any clear skies that might have graced her vision with their beauty.

The gas station's glowing neon lights grow brighter as Flare approaches. It looks deserted on the inside, and there's no one wandering the streets outside either. The whole place feels ghostly, but in a serene way. It almost puts her at ease. Almost.

She steps inside, and immediately, the sound of refrigerators buzzing and muffled music hits her ears. God, she's missed these. Looking around, she sees an abundance of snacks and goodies lining the walls, and her mouth waters at the sight. The guy at the counter looks to be out cold, too.

Flare makes her way over to the refrigerators, her gaze magnetized to the collection of energy drinks racked along the refrigerator. She stands in front of it for a while, examining each one with vigor. These are more her style, to be honest. They have the same purpose as coffee, with just a hundred times more sugar.

Pulling a few out and determining which brand possesses the most caffeine, she collects an armful of cans and makes her way over to the front. She sets them down on the counter, the clattering sound awakening the cashier. He jolts back into consciousness with a start. Taking a questioning look at the amount of beverages Flare insists on purchasing, he gives the girl a look before moving to scan them.

"You havin' a party or something?" he asks.

"If you consider myself and the parking lot a party," she replies, reaching into one of her belt pouches for money, "then sure."

He starts placing the cans in a bag, "That'll be $15.24."

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

Sitting down right outside the entrance, Flare snaps open one of the cans and starts chugging. The wounds from her and Five's little scuffle an hour ago still sting a little. She was able to rinse them in a public bathroom, but other than that, they would have to remain unattended until further notice.

On that note, the girl has decided to not think about the whole ordeal and opt to worry about it another time. Her apocalypse-problem-solving-abilities have turned to mush for the day. That's why she's chosen to resort to a heart-stopping level of caffeine to distract herself.