𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. Perilous Outbursts

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

❝ I wanna see what you can do with those flashy fire powers of yours, hot stuff ❞

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

AS FLARE AND FIVE ENTER the karaoke bar, she doesn't fail to notice the unhappy look he has. Even as they're paying for the room, he never fails to hide that he doesn't like the idea of it. Flare finds it hilarious, because secretly, she despises karaoke, too. It's just that this is the only place where they can be alone together without disturbance.

A café or public space wouldn't work for obvious reasons, and going to the Umbrella Academy would only end up with Five's siblings walking in and giving them judgmental looks or questioning them. Lastly, renting a motel room probably wouldn't work since they're underaged. Plus, the implications behind two teenagers wanting a shared room and a bed . . . yeah, that would warrant even more questions.

So, this is the last, and only clever resort Flare could think of that's close by. And instead of singing, she could just use the speakers to play music. Fun, right?

"Alright, you two," the lady at the front says, handing them a key. "The room number is on the key. If the door is jammed, then come let me know and I'll get the janitor to unlock it for you, okay?"

"Yes ma'am!" Flare nudges Five to take the key.

"And no funny business," the woman gives them a hard look. "The doors only lock from the outside, so don't do anything you might regret. But if you do, use protection. STDs are a bitch, trust me."

The way the woman says the last part makes Flare think she knows from experience. She and Five share a questioning glance.

"Uhhh . . . why, of course! Will do. Protection? Got it," the girl replies uncertainly.

"And make sure you pee afterwards. Wouldn't wanna get a UTI, either, those hurt even worse."

"Whatever you say, boss!" Flare forces a grin, turning away and urging Five to get a move on down the hallway so they could get away from that weird STD woman faster.

"And one more thing, if it's your first time, make sure he treats you right! You, boy, be supportive! Aftercare is the most important part!"

Color begins to rise to the girl's face.

"Lady, chill, I'm like, twelve-"

"Flare, you are eighteen," Five corrects.

"Okay, but the point is I'm not old enough for this!"