𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. Bathroom Break

· 🙤 ꕥ •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• ꕥ 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

❝ And I can live vicariously . . . through you. ❞

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

WHEN FLARE INITIALLY AGREED TO joining the Commission, she had zero intentions of entertaining the idea—genuinely! However, after returning from her first mission successfully with a heavenly sensation of accomplishment, she's beginning to have second thoughts.

In her short time working with them, the rewards appear to far outweigh the risks. Well, aside from being hunted down by a deadly Roman assassin. Other than that, everything has gone just as Five promised.

But something isn't right. An uncomfortable feeling pricks at the back of her mind, like an itch that cannot be scratched, and she can't figure out why.

Flare shakes it off. Perhaps that's just her paranoia talking. It will probably go away in a few weeks. After all, she just experienced another life-or-death situation thanks to that Bellator guy, which probably didn't help her fretful mental state.

This job is perilous—she knows that. It comes with the territory. But in some twisted way, the danger makes her feel alive.

The consequences of failing a mission would be drastic, but nothing she can't technically fix. If Flare screws up, she can just travel back in time a few hours and undo any errors. Whereas in all the other aspects of her life, a single mistake could result in death . . . or in the destruction of the world.

A shiver runs down her spine. For a brief moment, she had almost forgotten about the apocalypse. Although the whole ordeal was put on the backburner, not having to worry about it feels like a relief.

Honestly, that whole thing sounds like a dead-end compared to what her life could be at the Commission. Since her only chance at learning how to stop doomsday proved itself useless, there's nothing to work towards anymore; no clear goal. She's been backed into a corner with no way out.

If the apocalypse really is unstoppable, then why wait around for the world to end? Why should she waste all that time—in a future that isn't even hers—to solve an impossible problem? There's nothing left to do but sit and wait for the end if Flare goes back.

It's getting harder to say no to the Commission's offer, and that worries her. Why it worries her, she does not know, but she still can't say yes. It's in her nature to run and never look back. She's conditioned to opposing them. Yet, she wonders: is that all there is to it?