The Strange yet Familiar Feeling

Start from the beginning

A shy smile appeared on her face, "I'm sorry..you must have thought I am stealing them from you."

He shook his head, "Not at all. There are a lot of berries in the forest. You can take as much as you want."

"Actually, the berries I picked were supposed to be given to the people in my village. We were going to distribute them to grow them for our people so that they can make use of them and earn some money for living.", she explained. "Somehow, I ended up lost in here instead.", she added sadly.

"I can help you to go back to your village. I might not know where it is but I can ask the creatures here where you came from.", he replied.

"It's okay, Cal. I...want to be here for a while. Is that okay with you? If not, you can tell me. I will try to find my way back-"

"No! I mean...yes, I'm...okay with you..if you want to stay here for a while. I like you- I mean..I like your company. It- it's nice to have another human to talk to..", Jungkook scratched his head nervously, his words stumbling over each other.

In front of him, Roseanne remained silent, her expression was unreadable. His heart sank a little, fearing he might have said too much. To ease the sudden tension, he glanced at the sky.

"I should head out now to catch some fish and pick some fruits." he said, hoping to break the awkward silence.

As he turned to leave, Roseanne's voice broke the stillness. "Cal, wait," she murmured softly. "I love mangoes, grapes, bananas and oranges." she said, her eyes meeting his.

Jungkook paused, a faint smile spreading across his face. "Mangoes? I'm not sure if I could find it but I'll make sure to bring the others you mentioned." he replied, feeling a weight lift off his chest.

"Can I come with you?", she asked. "To pick fruits and...learn to hunt fish.", she added.

Jungkook was quiet as he was thinking whether he could bring her along or not.

"Furthermore, it will be lonely if I stay here alone. Whisper is not here to accompany me..", she told him.

He nodded, "But, we are going there by flying. Are you okay with that?"

Roseanne hesitated, "Flying?"

He nodded again, "Yes. The river is quite far from here. If by walking, I think you'd be tired before we reach there."

She looked worried, "But I've never flown before, and I'm scared of heights."

Reassuringly, Jungkook offered, "I'll be careful. You could hold onto me, or I could carry you in my arms. You decide."

Jokingly, she retorted, "What if you drop me midair?"

Chuckling, Jungkook vowed while extending his hand to her, "I won't. You can trust me."

Choosing to cling onto him, they took flight, soaring through the sky towards the breathtaking waterfall by the river. As they descended, he gently lowered her to the ground, concern etched on his face.

"Are you alright, Rosie? You were so quiet behind me." he inquired, his voice laced with worry.

She got a bit flustered and admitted, "I was scared at first, but then the view was so beautiful up there that my tears just fell."

She sheepishly glanced away as her cheeks bore the remnants of those tears. With a gentle touch, he wiped the tear stains from her cheeks, causing her breath to hitch.

Her gaze flickered from his eyes to his lips as he reassured her, "Hey, don't cry. I made sure I didn't drop you midair. We reached here safely, see?"

His attempt at lightening the mood faltered when her silence lingered. Worried he might have overstepped, he nervously called her name. It was then he noticed her gaze fixated on him, frozen in a silent reverie.