"We need to do a cattle run," Ace says suddenly. Everyone stops eating, laughing, or talking and looks at him. He rolls his eyes. "I ain't suggestin' my final cattle run. Even though I wish it was, this house is starting to full with women again," he says. Evelyn laughs softly, but Indy can see she is a little sad. She loves Ace. "I will miss you when you go, you old coot," Linda says kissing his cheek. "Don't fuss," he says batting her away, Indy can see his mustache move as he smiles. "There is no need for a cattle run for another week, Ace," Evelyn says. "I will rephrase. We need to do a little run," he says. "That's not rephrasin'. That's just repeatin' what you said," Matty says. Ace nods. Evelyn looks at Jimmy who gives her a small nod. "Alright. We will leave tomorrow," Evelyn says. "We won't be comin'," Austin says. "Very well. Your cattle run will only be two days, Ace. I want to be home to see my children off," Evelyn says then stands. Ace looks at Indy and raises his eyebrows as if he is trying to say something, but says nothing as he stands. Everyone else stands too and starts heading outside.

Indy takes a deep breath and follows Austin outside. "Austin, why are we not going on the cattle run?" she asks. "A cattle run is harsh, baby," he says fiddling with Storm's saddle. "So? You don't think I can do it?" she asks, a little hurt. "I am not tryin' to offend you. But, no and I don't want to push you to your limits," he says as he continues to fiddle with Storm's saddle. "Well...I would like to go, please," she says, balling her hands in fists for courage. "No," he says. Indy takes another deep breath. "Austin. L-look at me when we are d-discussing something important...please," she says. Austin stops what he is doing and turns around. "Yeah! Show that cowboy who the real boss is, Indy!" Josh says with a huge grin on his face. "Hush," Oliva says to him. All the brothers are grinning now.

"I think I can do it. You will look after me. I would like to go, please," she says, her body is a little shaky. She has never been so forceful with anyone. "I said no, Indy. You are too tender for a cattle run," Austin says. "I am n-not. I want to go," she says. Austin looks at his father. "Wanna help me out here?" he asks. "Boy, I have been married to your mother for years. I also worked beside your grandmother. I also have another two daughters-in-law. I have never been able to sway any of them once they had their heart set on something. Cottonwood women are a pain in my ass. I can not help you," Jimmy says. Austin looks at his brothers who all shake their heads and then at Ace who stares silently back at him.

"Indy-"

"You said I would win every fight. So...so...we are going," she says then spins on her heel and walks back inside, closing the kitchen door and leaning on it as she tries to get her breathing under control. "I am so sorry. That was so rude of me," she says when she sees Evelyn standing near the sink looking at her. Evelyn smiles and shakes her head. "Ain't nothin' wrong with having spirit, little dove. Besides, someone needs to keep that mulish boy in line. But, don't hide in here. Go back out there with your head held high," she says. "I would...but...I do think he is right. I am too soft for a cattle run. But, I made such a fuss I can't go back out there and retract what I said," Indy says biting back the tears. Evelyn walks closer to her and smiles.

"Cowboys talk in riddles. There is a reason Ace suggested a cattle run."

"What's the reason?"

"That you are stronger than you feel."

"I...I don't feel very strong..."

"Ace believes in you."

"Ok..." Indy says. Evelyn is right. Austin doubts himself too much when it comes to her and she does not want him to do that. She turns and picks up her Stetson. "Oh, you won't be needin' that today, little dove," Evelyn says. "I won't?" she asks looking back at Evelyn. Both Evelyn and Linda are shaking their heads. She places it back on its hook and then opens the kitchen door. All of Austin's brothers are standing behind him and Storm still trying to contain their laughter while Austin is still standing in front of Storm. He does not look happy. She bites her lip and walks down the stairs until she is standing in front of him. She wants to apologize and even take back everything she says. But, she really wants to go on the cattle run. She wants to show Austin she is tougher than she looks, she wants to prove it to herself too. Maybe if he thinks she can handle living here he will let them stay. "Will...will you help me up, please," she whispers. Austin places his Stetson on her head and then pulls himself up onto Storm's back before he reaches down and pulls her up too.