Dressed to Impress

Nancy just shook her head as she watched you bounce towards her from the end of the hall

Nancy just shook her head as she watched you bounce towards her from the end of the hall. Your smile was so big that she would have thought you won the lottery. She knew though, she was your closest female friend, she just couldn't help that you were a hopeless romantic.

"Good Morning?" Nancy just smiled as you moved your head up and down quickly. This week. It was finally time, you had been up all weekend fitting everything to you. You had spent the last month designing and oh god the pleating of the fabric. You shutter at the thought of your poor fingers, the blood and pin pricks from the long hours of sewing was worth it. You had constructed a masterpiece, he would have to see you now. You would indeed need to apply more Neosporin, but was a bit of blood when it came to love. He would have to notice you now, he would have to see that you are more than just his partner in Dungeons & Dragons crime, you were a girl.

And the overwhelming thought was that you wanted to be his girl. Nancy leaned against a locker, "You could just ask him normally... why the dress?"

"He is kind of oblivious to signs. If I don't shove my feelings in his face, well he may think I'm joking or worse... that I am just so uncool that he can't bare the thought of being with me." You hang your head in shame, "maybe this is a bad idea."

You hand goes to open your locker, different band-aids are adorned around your fingers, all different and Nancy found the courage to just giggle, "Its a crazy idea. Not a bad one."

That's when she hears the inevitable irritation that is the one and only Eddie Munson. Turning down the hallway you can see him, arm around Gareth, and their eyes on the two of you. Nancy scoffed, "I'm going to get to class, let's reconvene at lunch."

"Running away WHEELER!" Eddie shrieks in a high pitch note that makes you just shake your head, "Hey? You okay? You look like you got in a fight with a potato peeler or something."

You quickly place your hands behind your back, "Oh, um, I had a craft project. Dress making.."

"Dress making? What for?" Eddie leans in close, "You aren't planning on attending this chaste imperial swine of a dance are you?"

"I was thinking about it..." You were cut off when Eddie's hands fly up as he starts to strut across the hall, knocking over everyone with his movements, "Do you know how many god damn prom-posals I have seen in just three days! People need to get a life...."

"You're just mad because Jeff got one and you haven't." Gareth smirked, "I bet your dress is pretty awesome hun, you going to show us before the dance?"

Your eyes catch his and the warmth of his gaze hitting your cheeks sets you into a stuttering mess, "um... well.... maybe, I was wondering... well, if you..."

Gareth tilts his head and of course as you were about to continue there is a loud smack, turning to see Eddie full leg extended with a startled but not scared Mike Wheeler trying to cross  the hall, "What did you just say?"