Her Name was E (Eddie Munson angst)

Rockstar

Rockstar. Movie star. Being famous had its upsides. The constant stream of women, the money, the fulfilling my dreams and did I mention the women.

I had lost myself in being loved by the masses. Living my life as a freak it was nice to see the Chrissy Cunningham's of the world throwing themselves at my mercy. Wild nights and afternoons.

There was also the inevitable downsides... loneliness, constant paparazzi and just people with bad intentions. The worst was when the female pleasure mixed with bad intentions, a lot of fake pregnancies and other morally grey circumstances that cause me to shy away from being a good man.

Yet, I felt like it was all for show. Don't get me wrong, I dated. I tried. Yet the world I lived in wasn't conducive to marriage and family.

Jeff figured it out. The fourth time, he went through a lot of divorces, each time learning that a prenuptial agreement is necessary. The man barely had a few dollars to his name after the alimony he was paying. Yet his fourth wife, a scientist, she didn't ask for anything more than him.

Gareth. Well he was just as wild as I was. If not worse. Two at a time, sometimes three, the more to juggle the better the boy played. At some point he would snap. Just not yet.

We lived life like this, the three freaks, the ones that didn't get the girl now getting any girl we wanted. I wanted someone to ground me though... and in that quest I found her.

We had a home base if you will. A landing spot for the three of us to write, we would be here four months throughout the year. Once a quarter to recoup. 30 days locked away in silence to write and collaborate without the hustle of the music industry.

That's when I got to see her

That's when I got to see her. Dark long hair, sometimes with a hint of red. She was always quiet and polite. A contrast to the wild, make up caked groupies you usually sampled. Her name tag just said "E".

I wished I could know more, but our conversations never went to names or her, she was a barista at the cafe below our recording studio. She worked the night shift and after 7pm the place was just ours.