Meet My Maker

The Towering Inferno. The equivalent of The Great Elysium in the umderworld. I have never been there. It was the home of Maverick and his Sins. I was nothing but a speck of dust before them. Of course, I did not belong there.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Pride." I said, reluctancy flowed through my words.

"I know it's not the best plan; but it is the only plan I have at the moment so are you in or not?"

I hesitated. "Yes."

"Very well then."

Pride took my hand and guided me deeper into the castle.

We ascended thousands of staircases, flew through millions of hallways and scaled the tight corners of the castle. It felt as if we weren't going anywhere. As if I had been in this dreaded castle for hundreds of lifetimes. Of course, this was only an exaggeration. It was more like a few weeks. This castle was an infinite labyrinth and it didn't help that The Towering Inferno always moves it's position, to protect Maverick. Did I expect this journey to be short?

~~~~

"Here we are!" Pride declared with glee.

"Finally." I said.

The door which led to The Towering Inferno. The door was made from the bones of demons, their skin and their flesh. The demons who had failed Maverick. I would soon, too, become a part of that door. A failed demon. A disgrace that would burn eternally for it's errors. The day my facade breaks.

It's flames blazed my skin, invitingly

It's flames blazed my skin, invitingly. Beckoning for me to come closer. To turn it's scorching knob. To open its prideful barrier. The alluring scent of smoke and ashes. It was enchanting.

"Are you ready Lily?" Pride inquired.

"Yes. Yes I am." I said, not believing the words which jumped from my mouth.

"Very well. Let us-"

"And what do you two think you're doing?" A voice boomed.

Oh my sins. That voice. It's burnt, scaly texture trickled down my spine. That voice belonged to Wrath.

 That voice belonged to Wrath