Behind the curtains

En başından başla

"What are you doing here?" he asked, concerned.

"Trying to participate in the debate you are having with the Moon," you replied, gazing at the moon.

He looked back at the moon and said, "It's not a debate because it never answers any of my questions."

"Why don't you ask them to me? Maybe I can answer them," you suggested.

"Will you be able to calm my heart that is beating crazily?" he asked with a blank face, making you choke on your saliva. You coughed hard.

"See, I know you can't answer them. Now let's go inside; you will catch cold," he said, getting up and offering a hand for you to hold. You slapped his hand away and whispered with a small pout, "Such a tease, I told you to spend less time with Jiminshi."

You both went inside, and he helped you lay on the bed, covering you with a blanket. "Aren't you sleeping?" you asked.

"No, I am guarding you," he replied.

"The sun will rise in a few hours. You should take enough rest. We have a long day to uncover the truth," you said.

"I am fine; you should sleep," Jungkook insisted, settling on the couch. Knowing Jungkook's stubborn nature, you kept quiet. You observed him working on the laptop, appearing both warm and cold. Your eyes focused on the mole under his lips, then traveled down to his jawline, amazed by its shape. Slowly, your eyes moved from his jawline to his collarbone, and you heard a deep voice, "Staring at me won't help you sleep." In second-hand embarrassment, you hid your face under the blanket.

"He has the eyes of an eagle," you murmured to yourself.

~

The sun greeted the day with its bright radiance, marking the beginning of another crucial day. You woke up, realizing you had slept for an extended period. The big bunny was nowhere to be found. A nurse approached, offering a cheerful, "Good morning, Y/N-shi. How are you feeling now?"

"Hi, I'm good," you replied with a soft smile.

"Let me check your wound," she said, removing the bandage. After cleaning the area and applying some red medicine, she affixed a plaster. As you stretched your neck slightly, you remarked, "Oh, this is more comfortable than the gauze."

"Don't stretch like that, or the stitches will break. Be careful for two weeks. Don't overstress yourself, avoid putting too much pressure on your neck, and take complete rest for at least a week," the nurse advised, providing all the necessary precautions and fresh clothes that Taehyung had bought for you.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be able to follow any of that," you said, getting up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" the nurse asked with concern.

"To catch a mad wolf," you replied, rushing toward the washroom to change clothes. You opted for black skinny jeans, a white tank top under a black leather jacket.

You went outside and found Taehyung talking to the doctor. He rushed to you, asking, "Where are you going?" while following you outside.

"To set the trap," you replied, tying your hair into a high ponytail.

"Jungkook instructed not to let you go out. He asked me to protect you. You don't know how mad he will get if you roam outside like this. Please listen to me; let's go back," Taehyung pleaded, grabbing your wrist.

You stoped, went closer, unlocked your wrist from his grip, and said, "The criminal dared me. He warned me to get out of this case. How dare he touch me with his filthy hands and slice my neck. I still remember his voice clearly, and I have a suspect. I will catch and punish him myself." Your red eyes and fuming expression stopped Taehyung's breath. He released a long breath and followed you.