Whispers of Betrayal

"Park Min-ho is dead," Jin announced to his four subordinates, who looked at him dumbfounded, unable to believe what they had heard.

"What are you saying, hyung? Who is dead?" Jimin asked.

"The serial killer you guys caught, Park Min-ho, died last night in an accident while being escorted to Seoul," Jin added.

"I can’t believe this. How will we tell this to Y/N? I am afraid of how she will react to this," Tae expressed his concern.

"No need to inform her about it; we will tell her when the right time comes," Jungkook stated.

"It’s already 10:30. Why hasn’t Y/N come to work yet? She was never late before. Did her wound go bad?" Ho-seok asked, mixing his instant coffee.

"Maybe she is still busy with her rich boyfriend," Jimin said.

"Boyfriend? She accepted Richie’s proposal?" Tae asked, his eyes widening.

"I think so," Jimin replied and left the room, realizing he had just revealed something he shouldn’t have. The empty banana milk bottle in Jungkook's hand got crushed as he followed Jimin.

"Tell me what you are hiding right now," Jungkook’s voice behind his ears scared the life out of Jimin. He turned slowly to face the beast he expected, supporting his back with the help of the wall behind him. Jungkook leaned a little closer with both hands inside his leather pant pockets.

"What do you mean hiding? I am not hiding anything. Who said I am hiding?" Jimin panicked. Well, we can’t blame him; the look on Jungkook’s face could even scare the soul out of a psychopath.

"What made you think she got a boyfriend?" Jungkook asked again, glaring at the poor soul.

"A-Actually, yesterday Y/N left with the guy, right?" Jimin said, trying his best to avoid matching Jungkook’s eyes.

"So?" the younger roared.

"She didn’t come home last night. So, I thought maybe they—" Jimin stopped when he saw veins popping out of Jungkook’s biceps.

"Good morning, Mochi," you entered the corridor and waved at Jimin, who had an unusual expression on his face. What’s wrong with him? Why is he sweating like that?

Jungkook turned back, and his stare felt awkwardly terrifying. Your sixth sense told you to run away. But why? Why would I run away? Who pissed this bulky bunny off on Monday morning?

He started walking towards you, one hand still inside his pocket. He poked his inner cheek, giving you goosebumps. He came to you, grabbed your wrist, and started dragging you.

"Wait! What happened? Sunbae?" you asked, trying to free yourself from his grip. You looked at Jimin for hope, but he stood there, feeling sorry for you.

You got dragged into a storage room, and the door behind you shut with a loud thud. Jungkook grabbed your shoulder and pinned you against the wall.

"Where were you last night?" he asked, his voice deeper than a black hole. Why is he asking this? Does he know that I spent the night at Jung-suk’s house? How does he know? Wait, what if he knows? Why do I feel guilty, as if I cheated on him?

"Why are you asking?" you questioned.

"A question for a question isn't an answer," he replied.

"Well, I went out with my friend; you saw it too," you tried to cover up.

"Friend or boyfriend?" he asked again, trapping you inside his veiny arms. Your back was pressed against the wall while he leaned against you, placing his hands on the wall and caging you inside.