34

Chapter 34

"I'm asking you," Tom hissed back automatically, his gaze never wavering from Hadrian's even as Hadrian continued to bore holes into Avery's head. If looks could kill Avery would be dead already, and that saying had never been truer than at this very moment.

His eyes were like green ice, yet so fiery at the same time, he knew there and then that he would never have to worry about Hadrian; he could look after himself, in any situation.

Oh he had no idea just how well Hadrian could look after himself.

"Another snake speaker?" the snake hissed, its head coming up tongue licking at the air, getting Tom's scent memorised.

"Yes, this is Tom," Hadrian hissed back, returning to stroking the beautiful scales, his green eyes then latched onto Tom's almost challengingly.

Thaddeus held his breath, unsure of what to do, what to think as Tom and Hadrian seemed to have some sort of conversation without saying anything; they just continued to look at one another. You wouldn't think seeing this that they'd only known each other a year.

He would have felt jealous if he wasn't relived, although why he was relieved was a mystery to him. Maybe it was knowing Tom had someone that he could actually feel things that he wasn't completely impenetrable, that he could show he cared. Before Hadrian had come into the picture Tom had always been cool, bored and aloof, now?

Well he smirked more, took great delight in the challenge, and he definitely cared about Hadrian more than he'd seen him care about anyone else. He'd never said anything out loud, not even to the others but he suspected they thought the same.

Tom bit his tongue, trying to stop himself from reacting to Hadrian, how he was sitting so casually with a deadly snake on his lap, stroking it, hissing in Parseltongue, it turned him on like nothing else ever had.

The fire in those eyes, the challenging nature, he wanted to tame him at the same time let his real nature shine through. They were alike he and Hadrian, powerful, smart, hiding who they truly were from the masses. Oh, he wanted to show Hadrian who was the boss around here, but in a good way, too bad they had an audience.

"Where is everyone?" Tom asked sharply looking around as if he suspected he'd missed them during his first look around.

"Dorms," Hadrian replied, knowing without him needing to say anything that he would call a house meeting, he wouldn't want anyone talking about the fact he little ability. Especially with things the way they were with Dumbledore, already so suspicious of him.

Tom nodded sharply, "I won't ask again," He stated, he damn well wanted to know what the hell was going on. No matter what happened, Tom could see Avery in the middle of the group looking worried; his stance screamed that he wanted to flee. Seeing Avery looking pleadingly at Hadrian was the last straw. "NOW!"

The group jumped at his harsh words, he was always calm, always, and he never lost it, not even when Hadrian had been injured, yes he'd been worried, but even then when he spoke it had been calm and controlled. Their eyes shifted towards Hadrian to find him cool as a cucumber, how he did it was anyone's guess, since they were all quite worried themselves.

Hadrian turned back to stare at Avery, then very slowly a bloodthirsty smirk began appearing on his face, as he ignored the pleading looks on the boys face. He wasn't about to let him away with it, not only would the others suspect and make them look down on him, it would weaken his place in the hierarchy system they had here.

He always told himself he didn't care, but for some reason, he couldn't quite let it go either. "I just had a lovely conversation with this snakelet, apparently someone matching Avery's description decided to let loose one of the most poisonous snakes in the world next to me.