6

Chapter 6

Hadrian followed a blonde boy, whom he suspected (alright more than suspected) to be a Malfoy, down to the common room. Professor Slughorn had asked the Head Boy to escort him to the Dungeons before the other students made their way down after the feast. As they did, the boy absently pointed out portraits or suits of armour that would help him make sure he didn't get lost on his way from or back to Slytherin common room. Harry did find it helpful, and was surprised and suspicious as to why he would be nice. Draco and Lucius would have rather bitten their own hand off than be seen doing something nice.

"The password to gain entrance is Sovereign; speak it and the door will open for you," the blonde explained before the door opened and they both entered Slytherin common room. The room was empty, since the other students were still in the Great Hall for the time being. "Welcome to Slytherin common room. My name is Abraxas Malfoy, and you may come to me if you have any problems, either that or find our Prefect Mark Flint."

Harry couldn't help feeling the urge, but managed hide a smirk. Well, well, Marcus Flint's grandfather was Prefect; it seemed to be something of a tradition then. Then there was Abraxas Malfoy, Head Boy, and he would bet his last Galleon that he had been Prefect as well, just like Draco had been. Voldemort had been a Prefect and Head Boy as well. Seeing he was staring at him waiting on an answer he nodded his head in understanding.

"The dorms are up there, boys to the left, girls to the right; your trunks are already in the room you'll be sharing with the other boys," Abraxas informed him, before moving towards the left staircase, and began to make his way up the stairs until he reached the third-year boys' dormitory.

"This is your room, you'll be sharing with Avery, Lestrange, Nott, and Riddle," Abraxas informed him.

"Thanks," Harry murmured, opening the door and going in, leaving Abraxas to do whatever he needed to do. He had spoken Riddle's name with reverence and with, unsurprisingly, a bit of fear. Which meant he had already started gathering followers, and establishing a power base. His bed was obviously the one without the trunk at the foot; he noticed it was closest to the wall at the back of the dorm. Great, he was basically going to be boxed in with guys that were curse happy. His bed, he also realized, was next to Tom Riddle's ― that trunk had TMR on it, which gave it away.

"Engorgio!" Harry cast, returning his trunk to its correct size and placing it at the foot of his bed. Grinning savagely, he cast as many spells as possible to keep the contents of his trunk safe. Tom Riddle with his sticky fingers would be in for a surprise if he tried to take anything of his. Once he had run out of possible spells, he stood back up. Deciding that he didn't want to deal with any of them tonight, he slid into the green silk sheets, flicking his wand and closing his curtains so only he would be able to open them.

Grinning in amusement, he laid back and quickly found himself thinking things through. He was shorter than the rest of the third-years; he would need to rectify that as soon as possible. It was unfortunate, but he didn't think the potion was available in this time; luckily for him he had brewed it often enough that he knew the recipe off by heart.

The ingredients he had bought in Diagon Alley, weren't enough to make the potion; he was missing quite a few crucial ingredients. He would need to get them from the store cupboard, which meant waiting for his first Potions class, much to his consternation. If Slughorn was anything like Snape, he would have his cupboards warded; even taking the wards down would alert him.

He hadn't tried anything while Slughorn was at Hogwarts that year; he'd been too interested in finding out what was going on ― like an idiot. He couldn't wait to get out of Hogwarts and get to Gringotts; he wanted his money, as it would make things infinitely easier instead of resorting to stealing stale ingredients from cupboards. He wasn't staying this short and thin, he absolutely refused.