26

Chapter 26

Harry continued to stare at Tom unable to fathom a reply, his mind whirling dangerously out of control. How the hell could he have not seen it? Well of course he couldn't see it, Tom rarely showed his own emotions, even he found getting Tom to show anything difficult and usually only when he was extremely surprised or pissed off.

Like the day he hadn't denied he knew all about magic to him during the first week, or when he handed over Slytherin pendant without expecting anything in return. He knew everything there had been possible to know about Tom...but this?

Well the last thing he'd ever thought about was his sexual preferences or whether he would have a bloody partner - which he had never had - with Horcruxes and his soul split he'd probably never desired anyone...although there were rumours about Bellatrix but he'd never really bothered about it - he had more important tasks at hand...rather they had been at the time.

Everything was now precariously hinged on a cliff edge; he didn't need to be a seer to know that. If he said no, there was a chance Tom would pull away completely, close down and become who Harry feared he would - a split soulless wizard whose obsessions just carry him over until it ended him.

Obsession and pride, two very stubborn personality traits, they overtook everything even common sense from time to time. Or there was a chance that Tom could become relentless in his pursuit of him and resort to hurting others...he honestly didn't know what Tom would do, this unknown territory was quite frankly worrying.

No, he couldn't do that, he swore he would never become Dumbledore or anything like him. He couldn't agree to be with Tom just to change him or try to at any rate; he didn't think it was possible for anyone to change Tom much.

That and he was through thinking of others before himself. It had to be something he wanted...but did he? He was attracted to Tom, there was no denying that - he couldn't think of anyone who wasn't drawn to him, he was bloody gorgeous, smart, powerful and the downside? He had sadistic tendencies and he wanted to rule the world.

Being attracted to someone didn't make it alright either, he knew how things could go, better than anyone could possibly imagine. What if he agreed only for Tom to go down that road? He wouldn't be able to handle it. It wouldn't be his Tom if he separated his soul. His Tom? Harry thought mentally shouting, what the hell? Swallowing thickly, feeling as if hours had passed in reality it was only seconds.

Could he talk him out of creating Horcruxes if he even did it this time around, perhaps without the prejudice he wouldn't let loose the basilisk, wouldn't create the diary so it could 'finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work'.

This was so complicated...and sort of depraved...he wasn't really fifteen years old, he wasn't a teenager...wasn't it sort of illegal? Did he care? No, not really, he really was turning into a Slytherin he mused wryly.

Opening his mouth, intending on asking Tom for time, just so he could get his head around it, when he actually looked him in the eye and his breathing hitched. Was that actually hope concealed within those black depths? Oh shit, was he being manipulated?

Tom was just bloody amazing at it, there was no denying that. The thought of being manipulated himself though left a bitter taste in his mouth, it had happened to him for seven long years. Then predictably, Tom's face became completely blank before he pulled away, turning to presumably go to Slytherin common room.

"Tom, wait, it's not you..." Harry grimaced at that excuse, but continued on. "There's just a few things you don't know about me yet...okay actually a lot of things it might change how you feel about going down this road." his green eyes boring straight into Tom's leaving no room for the other teen to doubt him for a second.