27

Chapter 27

"Why the hell is he letting that half-breed get away with it?" Lestrange asked bitterly, Hadrian was a friend and he was furious that he was giving the oaf a free pass. After what he had done? Bringing in dangerous bloody creatures to Hogwarts - he had almost died and he could scarcely believe what Tom had told them although it had been reluctant he was very angry himself angrier than Lestrange had ever seen him and he had seen him in a lot of stages of anger over the years.

They all had in fact, but last night they had been told and the magic that spat from Tom in his anger had been as terrifying as it was magnificent. He held so much power, and he was unafraid to use it, he was so charismatic he couldn't help but be drawn to him and his brilliance. Sleep hadn't come easy for any of them, as confused as they were; it wasn't exactly a Slytherin move to make.

"You heard who he blamed," Tom drawled from his seat in the common room beside the fire, finding himself amused at their confusion, it wasn't often they felt that way. He unlike the others held a suspicion that Hadrian knew Hagrid in the future and was going easy on him.

He hadn't explicitly said anything, but that was Hadrian for you. He was at the top of the hierarchy so technically he could go after the sorry excuse for a wizard without suffering repercussions, the others wouldn't dare to in the face of Hadrian's wrath. He on the other hand was contemplating the idea on whether it was worth trying to get revenge on the oaf, Hadrian seemed to know him in a way he had yet to understand and know Hadrian in turn.

So actually doing anything might not be a good idea, at least not yet, he had to gain Hadrian's complete trust first. So if he said he didn't touch him then he would believe him. Clearing his thought his lips twitched in devious amusement, their confusion morphed into awe plain a simple.

"Yeah, I think everyone heard," Carrow said in admiration. "I mean bloody hell, Dumbledore looked ready to pass out, Healer Chang had to give him a potion then he fled like the hounds of hell were on his back!" nothing, absolutely nothing would ever beat that sight.

"It was awesome!" Dorea insisted from the couch beside a silent Walburga who nodded her voice full of breathless amazement.

"Oh, Please, it isn't that difficult to wind a teacher up," Avery drawled unimpressed trying to imitate Tom, shaking his head in annoyance, all last night and this morning all he heard was how great, awesome, amazing, inspiring it was. He was sick of it, and wished they would start talking about something else already. He was tired of Hadrian Peverell, period.

"Wind?" Alphard Black snorted derisively, glaring at Avery from his conjured black chair from beside him. "He crushed the old fool, I don't know what he said but it destroyed him."

"Nobody's seen him since, he wasn't at breakfast and he's always at breakfast!" Mulciber insisted smugly. Unfortunately it wouldn't last forever; he would be back to normal soon regrettably.

"Neither was Hadrian, everyone noticed," Nott added his eyes shaded with worry. Slytherin's all stuck together, so they'd just made it seem like Hadrian was still recovering from the animal attack.

In reality he had been up all night, nightmare after nightmare, although he hadn't admitted that but every few hours his magic would flare up in the dorm and he'd bolt upright in his bed. They hadn't heard anything due to the silencing charms but they'd seen and sensed it. It's probably what had Avery in such a foul mood.

"Did you see the looks the oaf was getting? All we need to do is sit back and watch," Rosier added joining in the conversation that seemed all Slytherin's were chipping in.

"What do you mean?" Tom demanded, glancing over at Rosier in question, silently insisting on an explanation and quickly.

Rosier wanted to start it with 'Are you kidding me?' but he thought better of it - quite rightfully so. "The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuff's like Hadrian, they're angry with the lack of punishment too, at least some of them, they'll get the payback for us. I might just point a few in the right direction." Rosier smirked in malicious glee. At least the older years, since it would take quite a bit of punch to hurt the damn half giant.