Chapter 36: Slay Them All

Start from the beginning

While he's stocked with healing potions, the main reason he's here is because his weaponry doesn't match his skill level. His backup sword is at full health but it'll only withstand a couple of his full-powered swings.

He quietly walks further into the abyss of darkness of the cave.

~~~

Goblin3: ωɦεҡε ε ҡαɦℓ' σɳ!!

He's smacked across the face with a wooden club. The white-bearded dwarf took the hit, unable to move due to the chains on his wrists attached to the cave walls. He wore a metal helmet that covered his head but not his face , his outfit a forest green. Surrounding him were his captors, a hoard of demented, maniacal, and sinister goblins.

He had been exploring with his brother Sindri when goblins suddenly ambushed them. He helped his brother escape but he wasn't so lucky. They've been torturing him since he arrived. Even if he did manage to escape from his restraints, he would quickly get lost in the maze-like labyrinth of tunnels the cave holds.

Goblin4: ҡαɦℓ ѵσℓ ɱαҡε αε ɳʝɳɳα

He's once again smacked across the face. They've been trying to get information out of him but he however doesn't speak goblin. In the largest room in the cave sits the leader of the hoard on a throne made of bones, a shaman, a goblin with low-tier magical abilities. He's fed vegetables they've scavenged, but they are only appetizers, for soon he is the main course.

With the room being lit only by torches on the walls, he can see a tall dark figure, hidden behind the shaman. He can't tell exactly what it is but soon it won't matter. Knowing his brother, he would request anyone to rescue him. However, nobody takes goblins seriously. They see goblins as pests, something that isn't worth the time nor effort to slay.

He had given up hope of rescue and accepted his fate. There was nothing he could do.

Goblin???: ɳƭµ∂ε! ƭεɳ ℓεα∂ε, ૮૨ε ε αɳ ɳƭµ∂ε!

Cries for help come out of the main exit. Running out of the tunnel was a normal low level goblin, but instead of malice covering his face, it wore an expression he never seen a goblin wear. Fear.

Goblin???: ɳƭµ∂ε-

He had only taken a couple of steps into his stride when a flying object flew out of the tunnel, slicing off the goblin's head at the neck and impaling itself into the chain, freeing his right hand. Looking up and seeing the object, it was a weirdly shaped throwing knife. The goblins head fell to the ground, his body falling with a thump. The head rolled over to the throne of the shaman, finally stopping at his feet.

Shaman: ƭσ ε ερ ɱεαɳƭɳ ƶα ɱε?!