Memories

"Hey" I say rolling over and looking at him.

"What's up?" He asks smiling at me.

"Wanna do something fun?" I say sitting up on the bed.

"Like what? Go to my moms book stuff?" He says sarcastically. I looks over at him as he raises up his hands. "What I live in a small town with nothing to do."

He wasn't wrong.

"I wanna do something though." I say as he sits up and I stand in between his legs. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

"Fine, wanna go get Taco Bell?" He says with a smile.

"Yes." I say with a smile as I peck his lips and quickly throw on my shoes. I toss him the keys and run out to his car.

"You are like a child." He says laughing as he gets into the car after being rushed.

I always knew what to do to help people.

I always knew what to say.

What I wanted to do with my life.

Now I'm not sure.

"Conrad!" I yell opening up the front doors to the beach house. He runs around the corner and pulls me in for a hug. "Did you call dad?"

"Tried. Says he can't help us." Conrad says sadly pulling away from the hug. "I don't think there's anyway to save it."

"Hey, no." I say grabbing his shoulders. "We aren't giving up on moms beach house." I say as I look into the living room.

"Vivian!" My mom says excited as she pulls me into a hug. "Good job sweetie I'm so proud."

I remember from the time I got into the play i auditioned for in 5th grade.

"Vivi! Come on I give up!" Jeremiah yells from up the stairs. I look over and see him running down the stairs. "Your to good at this game! I quit!"

I smile at the hide n seek memories. It was our favorite game when we were kids.

I start walking towards the kitchen and remember all the time's us four girls would bake and make a disaster.

I look out the window and remember the summers Jeremiah and Steven would throw me into the ocean.

I remember when Conrad tried to teach me how to play football, when Belly and I would jump into the pool and make the moms rate our tricks and all the times Steven and I would sit at the beach and just watch the stars.

I miss summer.

I miss them.

"Vivian?" Conrad says as I turn around and look at them. "You okay?"

"Yea, it's just." I say as I sigh. "Summers never gonna be the same."

"No, no it's not." He says sadly. "Uhm I'm gonna go try and call dad again." He turns around and walks upstairs. I look down and see my phone ringing.

Steven.

"Uhm hello?" I say answering the phone.

"Oh my god thank goodness." He says relieved. "Jeremiah called asking me if you were with me. Where are you?!" He says worried.

"I'm just out with friends. I'm fine. Tell Jere I'm fine to." I say as I hang up.

She's not fine. I know that voice. Something is wrong. I really want her to know I still care. There's only one place she could be.

Cousins.

And I'm gonna make sure she's okay.

"Connie, you can't just disappear like that.
When I call you, pick up your fucking phone." I hear Jeremiah yell downstairs.

"I've been dealing with a lot of shit, Jere." Conrad says as I walk downstairs to see Belly.

This is gonna be a shit show.

"Dude, you have to go back for your bio finals." Jere argues. "And you! What the fuck!" He says turning to me.

"I'm not leaving." I state.

"What do you mean, you're not leaving? What's more important than that right now, Connie? And Vivian your barely passing highschool."

"School doesn't matter!" Conrad argues.

"Not like I wanna go to college anyway." I state more quiet then Conrad.

"Jere, the house has been put up for sale." Conrad states.

"What do you mean, the house is for sale?" Belly says as we all look at her.

"What is she doing here?" Conrad says hurt.

This is where it all goes down.

607 words! I am so sorry for being home for so long but unfortunately this is what the school year is gonan look like because I'm trying ti get good grades and all that.

Here's a very small update and there should hopefully be one more coming tonight.