Fake Bitch

"Morning." I say smiling as I see my mom sitting outside.

"Morning hon." She says with a smile as I sit down next to her. "So, Steven?"

"Mom." I say as she laughs.

"Is he your escort?" She asks with a smirk.

"Yea." I say blushing thinking about last night.

"So is it official?" She asks curiously.

"Uhm, I don't know. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend but we act like a couple." I explain to her.

"Maybe he's waiting for the right time." She tells me as she puts her hand on my knee.

"Yea, maybe." I'm overthinking it. I know I am, what if he doenst like me like that? What if he doesn't wanna date me?

I walk out of my room in my pink team Vivian shirt and black spandex. My hair is in a high pony so it won't get in my way.

Steven walks out of his room and looks at me. His eyes look my up and down as he walks closer to me. "Wow." He says as he kisses me lightly.

"Thanks." I say. The thing I'm overthinking the most is that he's teaming with Shayla. She asked him earlier before they broke up and they decided to just stick together.

"You okay? I know it's probably weird I'm on the same team as Shayla." He asks.

"Why wouldn't I be okay? We're not a thing." I say as I regret my word choice right away.

"Yea, your right." He says as that hurts even more.

Not a thing? I want more than anything for us to be dating but if that's not what she wants, then I'll respect that.

"Uhm, I have to go meet up with Layla." I say as I walk away from him. Stupid Layla. There's no way I'm telling her about Steven and I.

Susannah does her speech in front of everyone as Layla and I stand side by side. It doenst matter that we don't like eachother, we are the most competitive people you will ever meet.

The game starts as we beat the first team, then the second. Now we verse Belly and Taylor. Taylor hurts her ankle half game as Jeremiah subs in. The game goes on as we beat them by one point.

We then have to verse the next team, Shayla and Steven.

Half way through we are tied. We take a quick water break as Shayla walks up to me. "How are things with you two?" She asks.

"Uhm, good. Things are good." I say fake smiling.

"It's just, Layla and Steven seem to be close." She says as I turn around and see her rubbing his arm.

"Yea, their good friends." I say smiling as I walk away from Shayla to finish this game. I had to beat Steven. No way in hell was Layla doing her best. She's blowing the competition for Steven to win.