Chapter 28

The next day Zac's mom came and got Major because Fatima and Zac had a meeting with their legal team to figure out the situation with Kayla's parents. It has a stressful weekend, but they were trying to think positive about the whole thing. Right now they are in the car on their way to the law firm.

Fatima was quiet most of the ride there. she was just looking out the window. Zac put his hand on her thigh.

Zac: babe relax we got this in the bag.

Fatima: I know babe. I can't help but think the worse.

Zac: listen Elijah himself signed the papers giving us major. So it's gonna be hard for them to get custody of him. We got this.

Fatima: you're right.

Zac: exactly now let's talk about a lighter topic cause I don't wanna hear no more sad shit.

Fatima: what you wanna talk about?

Zac: you know my birthday is coming up.

Fatima: yes I do.

Zac: well Jalen wants the guys to go on a trip for my birthday.

Fatima: is that what you want?

Zac: I mean I'm not opposed to it.

Fatima: and what if me and major wanted to spend time with you on your birthday.

Zac: y'all can still do that. We gone leave the weekend before that.

Fatima: where are y'all planning on going?

Zac: I don't yet. Jalen wanted to go to Miami but I told him to pick another place.

Fatima: why you use to love Miami.

Zac: no reason baby I just don't wanna go there. It's not far enough.

Fatima: far enough for what? Me?

Zac: now why would you say that? I always wanna be close to you. If I could I would live in your skin.

Fatima: (laughs) babe that's sweet but creepy as hell.

Zac: (smiles) why?

Fatima: why would you wanna be in my skin?

Zac: because yo ass so soft and warm I wouldn't mind living in you.

Fatima shakes her head laughing.

Zac's phone starts ringing.

Zac: why is your son calling me. (Answers the phone)

Major now on FaceTime: daddy (dramatically)

Zac: Major (returning the same energy)

Major: why didn't you pack my cars for Gmama's house?

Zac: that wasn't me. That was mommy.

Fatima gasped at Zac.

Zac: I told mommy make sure you put papa's car in his bag. She said you will be ok if you didn't have it. I tried to fight for you son but you know mommy the boss.

Fatima hits Zac's arm and takes the phone.

Major: mommy you left my cars home?

Fatima: daddy is lying. He just trying to cover up the fact that he forgot to give Gmama your cars. Just play the car games on your tablet and when mommy comes to get you I will have your cars with me.

Major is on the verge of crying.

Fatima: don't cry baby mommy promise I will bring your cars once I'm done