Chapter 26

Still at Khalil Sr's house.

Zac: I'm sorry you said you came to do what?

Mrs. William: we came to get our grandson and take him back to L.A with us.

Zac starts laughing.

Zac: uncle you almost had me. You need to stop playing so much.

Khalil Sr: I'm not playing no joke on you nephew. They are really Kayla's parents.

Zac: unc can I talk to you in private for a minute?

Khalil Sr: yea sure

Zac picked up major.

Mr. William: you can leave him with us while you talk to your uncle.

Zac: (looking at him like he was crazy) nah I'm good.

Mrs. William: no really it's fine.

Zac: ma'am with all due respect. I don't know you like that. So that makes you a strange and I don't just leave my son with anyone. So just sit tight and we'll be back.

Zac and his uncle walked to another room. Zac set up major's tablet and put his headphones on him.

Zac: Yo uncle Khalil. What the hell is going on?

Khalil: nephew I'm just as confused as you. They showed up to my door step just 20 minutes before you showed up.

Zac: you couldn't pick up the phone to call me and let me know what I was walking in to. That's foul unc and you know it.

Khalil: I know nephew but by time I was about to call you, you were already here.

Zac: so they show up here just thinking I was gone give up major just because they say they're Kayla's parents. Hell no. Number one I need a DNA test showing me that they are really her parents and two I'm not giving up my kid.

Khalil: I hear you nephew, but at least try and set up visitation with them. Major is the closest thing they have to Kayla.

Zac: uncle Khalil are you not hearing yourself right now? They just said they wanted to take major back to L.A with them as in a permanent thing. No I'm not with it and if I tell Fatima about this shit she not gone be with it either.

Khalil: think about what Kayla would have wanted.

Zac: obviously Kayla wouldn't want major no where near them people since she told us that they were dead. Why do you want me to give them visitation rights so bad?

Khalil: because I'm thinking like a parent who just lost their child. If it was the other way around I would want to be in my grandson's life.

Zac: (Zac starts thinking) listen over my dead will they be taking my son with them. I will talk to Fatima about visitation, but if she not with it We not doing it.

Khalil: that's all they can ask for.

Zac knew his uncle was on bullshit. Zac didn't like the fact that he was blindsided. He figured that he'll let it go for now, but once the situation was handled he was gonna revisit this conversation. Zac and Khalil walked back to the living room leaving major in the other room.

Zac: I'm sorry but it's a negative on you taking major back with you to L.A. you might can come here and visit him from time to time.

Mrs. William: I'm sorry but that's unacceptable.

Zac: what you mean that's unacceptable?

Mr. William: we came all this way to bring our grandson back home with us to be raised by us and to meet our family.