First steps

Daddy's POV

It's a few days before the twins 1st birthday and my princess has been going crazy making sure their birthday is in perfect order.

It's pretty early when I get up but since having the twins I'm used to being up so early.

I go into their room across the hall and pick up Tyler from his bed. Once he is changed I do the same with Skyler then carry them both downstairs to their play pen while I make breakfast.

"Baby come downstairs I'm making breakfast!" I yell up stairs to her.

"Coming daddy. Where is the babies?" She asks while rubbing her sleepy face.

"Down here with me princess. Good morning." I say with a kiss to her cheek.

"Morning daddy."

She makes her way to the coffee machine and makes me and her some. How did I get so lucky to have the perfect girl as mine.

"Ma ma!" I hear Skyler call for her mommy.

"Yes little girl I see you."

Maddie's POV

"Ma ma!" I hear my daughter call for me to come see her.

I pick her up and bounce her on my hip as she giggles and pulls on my hair.

"Sky stop" I tell her and pull her hand away.

"Baby her breakfast." Daddy calls to me and I take sky and set her down in her high chair.

"Okay princess eat up for mommy."

I put her bib on her and pull back her beautiful hair.

I go to pick up Tyler and when I do I see that Skyler threw her bananas onto the floor.

"Sky that's not something we do now. We don't throw food." I tell her while picking them up and throwing them away.

"Na nas!" She mumbles.

"Yes you threw them."

I put Tyler down and get him his food and see that Skyler keeps throwing her food.

"Skyler if you don't to mommy is gonna have to put you in the time out spot." I warn her and see her giggle and grab her apples.

"Skyler don't you da.. Skyler you are going in time out."

I go and pick her up from her high chair and carry her to the naughty corner in the living room. I set her down and she starts to cry.

"You must stay here for 5 minutes Sky, you did a bad thing."

I walk away and she just keeps crying for me to come and hold her.

I do feel bad for having to punish her but at the same time it's just having to be a parent.

A few minutes later my baby come back into the room all dressed for the day.

"Princess why is Sky in the naughty corner?" He asks picking her up soothing her with her stuffed bunny.

"She threw her breakfast on the floor after I told her not to so I put her in time out for a few minutes." I tell him and clean up their high chairs.

"Sky how many times have we told you not to throw your food around. Your brother doesn't."

She looks away from her daddy and starts to cry for mommy. I take her from him and bounce her on my hip to calm her down.

"Uh uh!" I hear Tyler say as I see him sitting on the floor.