▄︻デ𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄══━一

It was dark outside the bus. Even though the scenery outside was barely visible, Jayeon still found herself staring out the window. Her favourite song, Pluto, by Xdinary Heroes, played from her headphones. Her cheek was pressed against the cold glass of the window, sending a numming sensation every time she tried to readjust her position. She tried to block out the sounds of her chatty classmates excited to go on a two day residential trip. But as soon as she was able to block out the sounds around her, a loud voice started to talk to her.

"Why are you always frowning." Jake, one out of two of her best friends, asked. Jayeon sighed. She wished she had sat next to Jay. At least she wouldn't have to listen to Jake blabbing about science, half (90%) of it she didn't understand. "You have a pretty face. You should smile more." He told her, putting his pointer fingers at the corner of her lips and bringing them up so that her mouth would form a smile. Jayeon stayed silent, slapping his hands away from her face. She folded her arms and went back to her original position. Finally, it was silent. He had stopped talking - "Do you want to lean your head on my shoulder?" He offered as he peered over her shoulder. "The windows are uncomfortable." He said, tapping on the glass with his index finger.

"No thanks." Jayeon declined, not sparing Jake a single glance as she continued to look out the window.

"Yo, is she sleeping?" Jay nudged Jake, reaching across the aisle which seperated their seats. Jake shrugged his shoulders as a response.

"Jayeon?" He called out to the girl who sat scarily still. "Tap her." Jay instructed Jake. Jake was hesitant, but still, he tapped her shoulder. Jayeon turned in her seat, and Jake immediately pointed at Jay, turning her attention to the boy sitting across. Jayeon sat up in her seat and paused her music. She slipped her headphones off and hung them around her neck. "Yes, Jay?" She answered in a neutral voice.

Jay paused for a moment before finally remembering what he was about to say. "I baked some cookies. Would you like some?" He asked her with a grin.

Jayeon glanced between the stack of neatly packed chocolate chip cookies wrapped in plastic tied with a cyan bow and his face. I forgot to mention those were her favourite types of cookies as well as her favourite colour. "Yes, please." Jayeon said, finally cracking a smile. She received the packet in her hand, and she carefully loosened the bow around the plastic, placing the ribbon on her lap.

The second she opened the packet, the smell of the mouth-watering cookies reached the smell of the nostrils of the person behind her, and the packet was ripped out of her hands. "Mm." Ni-ki smiled as he held the packet in his hand, standing over Jayeons seat.

"Hey! Ni-ki, give it back!" She said, kneeling on her seat face to face with her classmate.

"What I just wanted to try?" He shrugged nonchalantly, holding the cookie packet in his left hand. Jayeon stood on her seat and tried to snatch it away, but Ni-ki raised his hand into the air. "Uh-uh-uh." He waved his pointer finger in her face. "Let me have one, then you can have them back."

Jayeon glared at him, but she agreed. "Fine." She huffed. Ni-ki slowly opened the packet and took the first cookie. The second Ni-ki took one out, Jayeon snatched the packet out of his hands and slumped back into her seat.

Ignoring Ni-ki's cries about how unfair she was, she slipped a cookie out the packet and took a bite down on it. "These are really good." She turned to the boy with a smile as he was waiting anxiously for her feedback. But once she said what she said, he felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Thank you." He breathed out, releasing the breath he never knew he held. Jayeon tried to hand the packet back to him. "No, no, you can keep it." He told her.

"Are you sure?" Jayeon questioned as she titled his head slightly, and Jay nodded vigoursly. "Thank you." She smiled, sitting back in her seat.

"So can I have one more?" Ni-ki leaned over her seat and down at her.

"Whatever." Jayeon sighed as she took a cookie out and held it up in the air for Ni-ki to take.

"Thank you!" He cheered, falling back into his seat. Jayeon was quiet again as she was back into her own zone. Her headphones on full blast, her phone out watching some shopping halls whilst snacking on cookies.

"So is this how you move to her?" Jake asked with a sly smirk on his face, whispering across the aisle to Jay.

"What?" Jay playfully slapped his friends arm as he laughed. "I'm not moving to her. We're just all friends." He added. "And friends share, right?"

"Then why didn't you offer me any, huh?" Jake scoffed, folding his arms. Jay was silent as a response. "Exactly!" Jake pointed his finger out at him.

"Just keep your voice down, okay." Jay said in a more hushed tone, trying to make the younger calm down and shut up.

"She can't hear nobody with those damn headphones on." Jake laughed. "So you have a crush on our little Yeonie over here." He snickered.

"She'll kill you if she hears you calling her that." Jay warned the boy.

"I don't care." Jake shrugged. "So now let's talk about this little crush of yours." He said smiling as he became excited, swinging his feet back and forth.

"No, we are not going to." He told him. "Plus, did I say I had a crush?"

"No, but - "

"Shut up and go to sleep." Jay instructed him as he noticed how the chatter had died down, and even Jayeon was knocked out cold. Her head leaning forward, and her phone and the packet of cookies were slowly slipping out of her hands.

"Fine." Jake huffed.

Jake slouched in his seat and placed Jayeons head on his shoulder as the position she was in would cause her neck pain when she would wake. He covered them both with his baseball team jacket, and slowly, he fell asleep aswell.

▄︻デ𝟒𝟐 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍══━一