Goodbye Outside World

It's early the following morning after the Sprite incident and already I can hear Hobi grumbling from his room. Thinking that I was in trouble again, I threw my blanket over my head and decided to sleep more.

When I woke up the next time, I went to check the time and went on Instagram to see what was happening, only to find an error that there was no internet or cell service.

I scrunched my face in disbelief as I threw the blanket off of me and rushed from my room to the living room where the others now sat.

"What happened to our phones?" I asked.

Namjoon looked up and shook his head.

"Kook, there is no internet, cell service, no television. The storm outside has knocked us out cold. We are lucky to have heat and electricity."

"Say what? No! I need my Instagram fix!" I whined.

"Well, that is not going to happen anytime soon." Jin huffed from his seat, "We will have to make do. Read a book, watch some DVDs, play some games; do something."

"But that's so lame!" I continued whining.

"You still have your game console, just no internet to play with others, but you can play with one another." Yoongi pointed out, "So it's not the end of the world, you idiot."

I crossed my arms and huffed. "Why did we even come here?" I asked as I had been opposed to this trip from the beginning.

"We were given a week off from work, this cabin was available to us and we needed to regroup." Hobi growled, "Suck it up and deal."

I rolled my eyes as I left the room and headed back to my bedroom to lie on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"This sucks." I muttered as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I awoke some hours later as the sun was beginning to set and left my room to find Jin making dinner. The cabin was quiet as I peered into the living room to find everyone watching a movie. I groaned inwardly as I headed back into the kitchen.

"Feeling any better Kook?" Jin asked as I took a seat at the dining room table.

"No. This trip sucks."

"Just enjoy it kid. We don't know when we will get a chance to do something like this again anytime soon now with us coming back after our enlistment.

"I know, I just hate being cut off from the outside world."

"But it feels good not to have to stress. We can be free for a moment." He pointed out and I nodded. "Now go get the others, dinner is nearly ready." He tells me as I go to get the others.

Maybe having the outside world gone for a bit was a good thing, right?