29. A hug

Happy Children's Day. I don't know how many of you are Children but I hope none 😂😂.

______________

Meera came from her college with Shivansh on her tail to let him know about the man who stopped their car beside her. Although she already told him that they were just asking for direction but he was still being overprotective.

"But bhabhi, you don't know these university boys. I am just saying that you need to be safe and secure. Please let me tell bhai to increase your security." Shivansh said eating the fruits she was cutting and also feeding her while sitting on the dining table.

Meera got frustrated with his continuous talks and she pointed the knife at him "I am telling you bhaiya. If you did anything like that and my security got increased then trust me I am going to make sure your brother blocks your cards." She said with a serious expression scaring Shivansh for a moment.

He leaned back and put his hand on his chest "You are scary bhabhi. But....."

Before he could say something, Meera looked at him with a serious expression and he raised his hands in the air in surrender.

"But at least you can call me if you ever feel threatened." He said with a serious face and Meera nodded at him.

Their attention shifted when they saw Aashrit entering the house and going straight to the room. Meera then remembered something

"Bhaiya you finish these fruits. The jug in the room is empty, I'll fetch some water for your brother." She said standing up while Shivansh nodded at her.

Meera took a bottle of water from the fridge and ran upstairs. It was all a lie and she just wanted to see Aashrit, especially after yesterday night. As she reached her room, she saw Aashrit with his head against the headboard, his eyes closed and his hand rubbing his chest.

She poured the water into a glass and went to him "Aashrit ji" She called out to him.

He opened his eyes and looked at the glass in her hand. He thanked her and took the glass from her hand. After drinking water, he put the glass aside but found Meera still standing there.

"Is everything okay?" Aashrit asked with furrowed brows.

"That's what I wanted to ask," Meera replied and saw the strong façade slowly fading away from his face.

Aashrit heaved a deep breath and looked into her eyes. He wanted to lie to her and say that he was fine but his heart wasn't supporting him. The look in his eyes told Meera about the inner turmoil.

She pursed her lips together and moved forward "I read many things today and it was written there that hugs help in such a situation." She said avoiding his eyes "So....So.I was saying" She stuttered on her words while a smirk formed on Aashrit's face "We can try." She said with much more courage and looked up only to find him staring into her soul.

She was about to step back when he held her hand and pulled her making her fall on his lap. A shriek left her mouth but soon replaced with shock as he pulled her close encircling her waist and putting his head on her chest. Suddenly, her heartbeat stopped. Her breathing also stopped making her hands shiver with the closeness she was feeling. This is the closest any man ever came to her and it was heart-stopping. Her shivered hand held his shoulder.

Suddenly, she felt his hand over her hand and put it on his head.

"Can you caress it like yesterday? It was soothing and so calming." Aashrit said making her hand move slowly over his head.

Meera didn't believe her voice at the moment and just started moving her hands on his hair. A satisfied groan left his mouth which somehow made Meera clench her thighs. It didn't go unnoticed by Aashrit making him tighten his hold even more. And just to tease her more he pulled her close and purposely put his lips over the neck seam of her Anarkali and spoke.