17. Her protector

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys we are trending at number 1 in India. I can't believe it.

Dekha ye hota h vote or comments see toh ab kanjosi mat karne lag jana votes, comment mein.

Ab ham khush hai to socha Triple Update dekr aap sab ko bhi khush kiya jaye.

______________________________

Meera was looking around bored, she finally knew why Aashrit said this was the only time she was attending such a function. Every person she met till now at this party was cunning, opportunist, and fake except for one that is Ranvijay. And the worst thing is the look they were giving her. Every girl's eyes were telling her that she didn't belong with him which made her feel insecure but her husband's words and his touch were doing magic. She remembered what happened a moment ago.

FLASHBACK

They both greeted some guests. Aashrit shook his hand with a middle-aged man who was with his daughter, but soon enough her misunderstanding was cleared when Aashrit introduced them.

"Meera meet Mr. Mahesh and his girlfriend Kanika." He said introducing her to the couple standing in front of her.

Meera was shocked to hear him which she couldn't hide as her eyes went wide and her neck snapped in his direction. She didn't see much of the world as her only world was Jugnu and her books so it was a shock to her when she realized such people existed in the real world. At first, she thought that they were in love but some moments ago when they were entering the venue she saw that same girl locking her lips with some other boy.

Aashrit held her waist , came close to her ear, and whispered "Don't react so much Meera. Loyalty is not in their blood. Neither of them." He whispered and leaned back as his stubble lightly brushed her cheeks making her shiver.

Meera composed herself and politely smiled at them.

"You got a beautiful wife for yourself, Mr. Yaduvanshi." The man said raking his eyes at Meera which made her visibly shudder and she slightly stepped back hiding behind Aashrit.

Aashrit noticed her discomfort and clenched his jaws in anger "Sure, I did." He said and pulled Meera beside him with her waist. He held her waist tightly. As much as he hated her to see in discomfort, he didn't want to give anyone an idea of her wife being scared. Because he knew in this circle, if they knew you were innocent, they would ruin it in the worst possible way.

He looked at Meera and already found her scared eyes looking at him. He put his one hand on her cheek "Not just beautiful but the kindest, strongest, intelligent wife." He said caressing her cheek making her heart drop. She suddenly forgot about the man and looked at her husband. His eyes were raking his face but somehow it wasn't making her feel insecure but beautiful. Soon, her bubble of confidence broke with the voice of the girl standing there.

"I beg to differ Aashrit. I think you could have done better." Kanika said with a sultry voice biting her lower lip. Her eyes moved to Meera and she gave her a disgusted look.

"Aashrit?" Aashrit said with a thinned brow and a smirk on his face "Quite disrespectful you are Miss Singh." He said with a dark chuckle.

Kanika's facial expression changed on hearing him and before she could even retaliate, ashrit spoke further.

"Must be your age's fault. No worries, I guess your boyfriend is of good age to teach you about manners." Aashrit said and looked at Mahesh who was looking here and there knowing well he was no match for him and Aashrit could easily destroy him with his one call.