8. Their first rasoi.

Read Author's note if you want. And it's fine if you don't ✌️.

_______________________

Meera got ready in a powder blue colored Anarkali suit and went downstairs after getting ready only to found her mother-in-law already in the kitchen. Meera covered her head and went on to touch her feet.

 Meera covered her head and went on to touch her feet

Rashmi blessed her and made her stand up. She took off the veil from her head and said " You are our daughter Meera. You don't need to put any veil from anyone. You have to live here just like a family member." She finished and hugged her while Meera was shocked with her behavior and her hands went around her unknowingly.

"Ok, mummy ji......" Meera said and Rashmi's expression changed from excited to sad. Meera couldn't understand the change in her expression.
(Usually, Indian daughter-in-law calls their mother in law, Mummy ji which usually means mother but with much more respect)

"It's ok Meera beta if you couldn't accept me just now. But I would love it if you called me maa and not mummy ji which sounds like sasu maa." Rashmi said with a small smile.

Meera's eyes went wide on realization "No no I thought you might not like me calling you like that." She said explaining herself.

Rashmi put her hand on her cheeks "Bacha I would love it if you treat me like your mother. And you can take as much time as you want" (Bacha – Child)

Meera's eyes glistened with tears on listening to hers and she smiled feeling proud of herself for not rejecting the proposal.

"I will call you mamma. That's what I called my mother." Meera said with tears on the verge and a smile on her face.

Rashmi also got emotional and hugged Meera with utmost love and care.

They were both soon joined by another person "And I would love you to call me Choti Maa." Anika said hugging them both.

Three of them soon break the hug.

"Ok ok now is not the time to be emotional. Or else we will be late for breakfast." Anika said wiping Rashmi's tears while Meera stopped her tears before they could fall.

"Yeah right !! Aashrit will be joining you soon. I'll go and call him." Rashmi said and Meera's eyes went wide on listening to his name.

"Mamma!!!!!" She called her with a frantic look on her face and Rashmi turned back with a smile.

"Why he will be joining me?" She asked confused with her words.

Anika answered before Rashmi could say anything "Because it's the first kitchen of a newlywed and you are not the only newlywed here, Meera." She said with giggling.

Meera looked at them baffled and shocked by their words. She never heard something like that in her life. She never read that in any of her romantic books either.