16. Fight for name

Dekha !!!! You guys made me happy by giving 200 votes in one day, so I am giving you double update. 

Bas tum mujhe khush rakho or main tumhe .

A BIG CHAPTER.........

Also, there is a reel for those who always comments. Go and check on my insta : icey_vines .

_________________________________

There was silence on the road covered with long trees on the side. The moon was shining bright piercing through the darkness of night. Only the sound of crickets was heard because of it being a secluded area. Four black Thar passed through the highway with the Mercedes Maybach between them cutting the air with high speed. The Thars were filled with weapon-laden bodyguards and Mercedes had a beautiful couple sitting there, fighting their inner turmoil.

Meera looked at her husband who was driving a car with his eyes focused on the road and hands on the gear. Her eyes rested on his hand which was on gear. She looked at the ring on his ring finger and a smile formed on her face remembering the moment she gave him this ring and how elegantly he was carrying it. She didn't expect him to wear this but just kept it in the closet somewhere. While buying this ring, she was worried about the price but he proved her wrong. A genuine smile formed on her face seeing her gift on her husband's ring finger lying proudly.

She looked up and found Aashrit looking at her face. But in seconds, he turned his head to look at the front, making Meera doubt if she saw it right or if she was just hallucinating.

"You know how to drive?" Aashrit said cutting the silence between them.

"No" Meera replied with her words as he might not see her shaking her head because he was busy driving .s

"You need to learn that." He said and suddenly silence prevailed in the car.

Aashrit took a deep breath thinking about how to make her talk but nothing seems to get in his mind.

"Don't let people's word get to your head there." He said

Meera looked at him confused. And Aashrit understood without even giving her a look.

"That is not a place for you Meera ji. I am taking you there only this time and you might not meet most of these people in your life ever." Aashrit said and looked at the confused face of his wife. "They are manipulative and cunning people. Always trying to take advantage of others. And I would never want you to be around these people. Only some of them are genuine people there and you'll see them the day after tomorrow at our coronation ceremony." Aashrit somehow cleared her doubts.

Meera nodded at him and again looked outside while Aashirt huffed in annoyance on not hearing any response but he didn't give up "Also..." He started and Meera looked at him "Don't call me hukum there. Call me by my name. Or else they will use it against me saying that I am suppressing my wife." Aashrit said and although no one would say any such thing about him still he wanted to take the support of some lie to hear his name from her mouth. "You can try right now."

Meera was not ready for his request so she decided to counter it with her question "Then you should also not call me Meera ji but Meera only." She said hoping for him to deny it.

"And why so?" He asked.

"Because I am younger than you. And we don't call younger ones as jii."

Aashrit bit his lower lips to prevent the chuckle from escaping but after composing himself, he looked at her with a serious face "Are you saying I am old?" He said with a scary voice.

Meera got scared on hearing him and quickly replied " No I didn't mean that." She tried to justify but stopped hearing him.

" It's okay Meera. I was just kidding." He said