Ch35 Tavern of all troubles

Start from the beginning

Makarof spotted the familiar white hair of the girl who danced with Laxus days ago. He questioned Bickslow who insisted on that tavern for the whole guild to gather before their departure to Magnolia. The jester smiled with amusement, showing his teeth. That was no coincidence.

Laxus frowned a bit, contemplating the light outfit of Kaya. Consisting of a crop top, showing her shoulders and part of her belly, she wore high boots hiding her calves, and a long skirt complementing her curves. The thunder god took upon himself not to knock down all the perves of the guild. Macao and Wakaba first hand.

"Hello everyone! We are Lorine and Anya! Please call for us if you need anything!" exclaimed Lorine with excitement. Kaya saw the glimmer in her colleague's eyes. She couldn't believe the strongest guild of all Fiore was here in the tavern.

The light-mage took the orders one after another, as if nothing happened days ago during the battle or the ball. When she arrived near Team Natsu she took the command like any normal waitress would do.

When she was about to finish, Natsu gripped her wrist with a frown on his face, "Did we meet before? Your smell..."

Kaya reddened and freed her wrist from Natsu's wrist. "No I don't reckon." She lied too easily. She hated to do that, but she felt eyes on her, and she'd better bury her head somewhere than face the whole questioning guild. Laxus, who saw the firecracker do that, hesitated to knock him off.

"Natsu! That's inappropriate to comment on a woman's smell!" commented Happy with a weird glance.

Lucy stepped in, to help the mage she recognized from the ball. "Happy's right! And she was at the ball...." the celestial wizard murmured for only the dragon slayer to catch up. Fortunately, Lucy omitted the fact that she was Kaya.

Erza, Wendy and Gray stood silent, both staring at the weird waitress, all the guild recognized the lady who danced with the cold Laxus on that night. The red-head wondered where Laxus could've met her in the first place. Feeling strong gazes from her former comrades turned to them with a tight smile. She advanced to the Thunder God tribe, a faint smile on her face, "What can I get for you?" she asked with stress, her fingers plunged deep in the leather of the poor block-note.

"Well Anya, I'll get roasted beef!" Laxus emphasized the letter of her fake name, Kaya flinched under the mention. She glared at him, mortified. Kaya spotted his eyes on her hips, her flushing deepened.

Unfortunately for the angelic-mage, Evergreen noticed the unease of the waitress, she grinned deeper, and waited for Kaya to help behind the bar. Pouring dozens of beers in large glasses.

"Looks like she's not neutral to your natural beauty!" she joked to Laxus, who growled under his mouth. Freed furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't forget about Kaya getting the opportunity to dance with his Laxus. Though he could tell she was a real beauty. Not as ill-mannered as Erza or Cana, Kaya was more sweet, an elegant frame and a pure aura surrounded her, as if it appeased the people around her.

Kaya joined her colleague behind the bar, focusing on all the drinks to deliver the table. She took two trays full of cocktails and beers and landed each of them with dexterity to many of the Fairy tail's members. Erza frowned with a fixed stare on Anya.

The connections were building up in her mind, she recognized that long silky white hair from the fights. Natsu mentioning her smell attracted her attention on the mage. Why would a mage so powerful as her only work as a waitress? Most of the mages felt the powerful aura emerging from the employee. The s-class mage knew she fought during the battle. On the other hand, Mirajane and Lucy wondered why Kaya was still keeping quiet around her identity.

Noting the attitude the woman kept with the Thunder tribe as if they knew her, something snapped in Erza's mind. "That can't be..." she muttered.

Lucy, who sat right to Erza's side, worried, "Is everything okay, Erza?" The requip mage turned to the blonde woman out of her daze.

"Don't you think she's familiar?" she pointed to Anya. Lucy smiled with understanding eyes, and gestured to Erza to leave it be.

"So you knew." concluded Erza. Lucy nodded, sipping a part of her drink.

"She was the one who accompanied Jellal too." She added much to Erza's surprise.

"How come?" She interrogated her friend, Erza's cheeks warmed up a bit at the mention of the fugitive mage.

"She's the one who helped us out of the cells in the Mercurius." Lucy answered with a low voice, but that was too late, Natsu and Gajeel of their conversation. Gajeel was at least a gentleman to leave the girl alone. Even if it bothered him that her scent was too familiar, thus her magic rang him a bell.

"What Lucy! Please! I'm dying not knowing!" he whined like a baby, Erza punched the back of his head, and everyone sweat dropped.

"That hurts!" he yelled in the loud tavern.

From the other side of the bar, Lorine joined Kaya washing the first empty glasses of the night. "So?" she sang with cheeriness. "You're going to tell me what is going on between you and that handsome Laxus?"

Kaya's eyes widened at her comrade. "What do you mean?" she spelled, even though red was already mounting on her face.

Lorine shrugged happily, "Are you guys in a relationship? Because honestly you should do h..." she whistled. Kaya poked her cheek with a rapid gesture, scared of the fact that Laxus has the best hearing of all the room.

"You sneaky little ..." she pouted.

"Oh! Come on! Don't tell me you haven't thought that about him." she whispered, playfully. Kaya laughed with unease. She wouldn't dare look at the dragon slayer, but she knew she heard her colleague.

Laxus felt the red mounting his ears, that didn't escape his friends' gaze. "What is it, Laxus?" Freed worried.

Ever and Bickslow smiled at each other, Freed was more the innocent part of the group. Laxus noticed the redness of Kaya, which made him smirk. Ever sipped her glass of wine, grinning largely.

"Freed, you're cute!" she laughed, ruffling through his hair. Bickslow followed, bothering the enchanter was one of their favorite pass-time.

"Cute! Cute! Cute!" sang sheepishly Bickslow's minions, flying all together around Freed, much to his bother.

------------

So that chapter was supposed to be much longer, but I cut it in half don't worry the following will still be posted. 

I hope you liked it, I'm not going to take the joke on Cinderella or I don't think so. I'll see if I have the time to take that track I lost in my plot....