Ch20 A little Bird says 'return'

------------

Today was the 6th anniversary of their disappearance. I woke up depressed, mindlessly I started to cook in my little apartment in Crocus. A lot has changed since the dismissal of Makao. I changed. I grew up first. I spent 5 years with Crime Sorcière, they visited from time to time here.

At some point, I wanted to settle, being in Crocus, the capital of blooming flowers, I chose to establish my home here. It was surely different from Magnolia, but I liked it. My kitchen's window over-viewed a natural park with diverse plants of all sorts. I started to brew tea, selecting the dried herbs hanging in my wall.

Chirpings of birds broke my concentration, I giggled as a tit came rubbing his head against my neck. "Good morning to you too!" I greeted him cheerily.

I started to work, singing a tune peacefully. Crime Sorciere was coming, my gut was alarming me. So I prepared a feast of sweets, treats and pastries to take out. I knew the guys struggled to make money. Jellal strictly wanted to earn money the right way. So I made a point of always giving them some supplies, it was the least I could do to thank them as they saved me.

Kaya Melvin was no longer a name I used, except for Crime Sorciere. At work, my boss called me Anya. I bear the name of Anya Cassel.

My name was on all dark guild's blacklist, I won't get caught stupid, by keeping my real name. I hushed until at some point, a feeble knock raised my attention. I put the cakes in the oven, mopping my clothes covered in flour. My door opened on three familiar figures.

"Guys!" I beamed with excitement. "It has been a long time." I jolted up, hugging the three. Letting them breathe, I welcomed them in, inspecting the outside of the hall. My neighbor was an old hag, who liked to wander in other businesses.

"How have you been?" asked Ultear with satisfied eyes.

"Fine, thank you. And you? Tell me about your new missions? Did you defeat more dark mages?" Questions sprang out of my mouth, the guys replied to all of them.

I learned at some point about Ultear's possession of Jellal in the Tower of Heaven. I first wanted to explode at her, but a wise friend told me that keeping hatred won't let me advance. So I eventually throw the grudge, witnessing how life was harsh to Ultear, I got close to her and discovered a sweet girl filled of remorse and regrets. 

I let them sit as I brought all the fresh dishes to the table. Jellal's eyes widened in amazement. "You cooked all of these?"

I nodded proudly. "Uhuh, don't forget I work in a renowned restaurant." I pouted.

"As a waitress..." reminded Meredy, sweat-dropping. 

"Hey! I do the desserts and cocktails there!" I defended myself. A loud giggle escaped Jellal.

It was good to have them here. We talked all afternoon about all and nothing. The night settled in. The group started to depart when I brought them bags filled with pastries and cooked meals. "You don't have to do that." refused Jellal. "It's far too much, Kaya."

I grinned, my heart aching at the thought of Jellal. "I know you don't cook properly, and at least, you will have the most exquisite meals of your life!" I joked.

Ultear rolled her eyes, she was used to my bluntness and it amused her, well, most of the time. I took a bit more solemn voice, "Take them, I want you guys safe out there. And this will help you be safe."

I pointed out the bag. They accepted the bag with kindness. I saw them walk away in the dawn. I was about to prepare to go to work when a presence sprouted behind me. "Who were those people? You know them, Anya?" Martha asked with a tough tone.