Ch2 New friends & lost ones

------------

It has been one year since she left the Tower of Heaven or was left dead in Akane. She quickly joined Fairy Tail when Makarof offered her a shelter here. She paid, of course , a part of her rent. However, the old top mage of Fiore wouldn't allow her to pay the full price. Stating that she was "too young". She surprised everyone when she pulled off her real age. "

I'm seven years old, I can pay for my rent!" the child snapped clumsily. Some among the members smiled wryly. The kid grew up too rapidly to even live a somehow normal childhood. Where the Thunder God Tribe went, Kaya followed, everywhere, Bickslow stroked her short hair, and the young boyish girl snorted.

"She is fierce, huh?" Makao claimed to Wakaba as they sipped their beers in the early morning. Kaya scowled at the comment.

Natsu came to her and chuckled, "Kaya leave it be! Believe me, when you have to pay it fully, you'll regret it!"

"Hay" followed Happy munching on his fish.

Bickslow grimaced as he sent his minions to nag Elfman bragging about being a man. He jumped to his feet at his mascot as the white-haired mage cursed, saying he hated those things. Bickslow smirked at the scene.

"What a child!" would sigh Ever while winking at Kaya. The so-called fairy queen really liked the child, she couldn't stop thinking of ways to make her resemble a real lady. Much to her disappointment, Kaya was unladylike to the roots. Maybe with time will it change. She still tried to do makeovers, but the child would always find a way to avoid those.

Spending time with the Raijinshû, Kaya developed her powers even more. She will soon reach the level of Gray and Cana by some month now. Makarof couldn't be more proud of his children.

Even though, not everyone thought so. Laxus was annoyed at the young brat always being on their back. He secretly liked her company, nevertheless, he didn't show it like that. Yet, the dragon slayer knew it wasn't good for her. They were too old for her, as she 7 years old, and they were 15 years old. 

Being the dumb teen he was, one day he decided to reject her. "It's finished, you can go on your own. We're not your babysitters anymore. You're on your own." he spoke lightly, not any feelings peaked through his speech.

That's for the best, he concluded. That way she will make friends her age with Natsu and the others even if they are still older than her.

If he thought of doing the best for her, Laxus' heart still aches, noticing the girl obviously hurt from his rejection. "Okay, I won't go anymore with you guys on missions'' she declared before disappearing from the park they were sitting in.

Ever turned to face her leader, "Why did you do that?!" she objected.

"You obviously broke her heart." stated Freed neutrally.

"Yeah, why!" chanted Bickslow's minions.

Laxus shuffled in a low tone, his shoulders loosen up. "She will never make friends with us. Let's face it. She has to become closer to the others."

"So you cut ties with her to benefit her?" underlined Freed doubtfully. "Do you seriously think that we will buy this poor excuse?".

"I fear that we will hurt her at some point, it might as well be now rather than too late." The bear-like-boy withdrew gloomily. Deep down inside, Laxus knew better that anyone too close would hurt him. And he preferred striking first rather than being struck.

"Hey Kaya! Do you want to take on a job?" offered cheerily Happy, finishing his fish.