Ch6 Becoming a great Healer

------------

The white-haired tomboy waited for hours; pacing back and forth endlessly, when finally, someone pushed the guild doors open. A group of injured and tired people gained access to the basement. Fairy Tail never has been this dreary. Kaya searched through the fighters. When she noticed Team Natsu coming back, she started to feel useless.

Kaya shredded tears at the defeated looks on her friends, she was about to signal Lucy's kidnapping when the blonde girl's dark expression emerged through the door. A glimpse of hope arose in Kaya, she ran to Lucy, throwing her a hug. She sobbed miserably, "I... I thought... you..."

"Shhh..." sang Lucy, her butt sitting on the ground, smiling sorrowfully. Lucy's feelings worsened.

"What happened?" she howled, removing the falling tears from her face.

Struggling to calm down, Kaya gave back Lucy's keys, secondly went to find Mirajane who was losing her temper over a lacrima. Through the crystal, Kaya discerned the features of a famous Lightning Dragon Slayer.

"Laxus! We need you here! Don't you see that the master is injured! We can't fight those phantom lords on our own!". This voice didn't come from Mira, an angered tone emerged from the body of the ancient ranked S-mage. It flustered Kaya since she never witnessed Mirajane being on edge like that.

A dry chuckle echoed from her call. Laxus laughed, passing one hand in his hair, adoring the current situation Fairy Tail located in. He grinned, "Promise me to become the next master if you want my help! The old man must give up his role to me! Then I will save your butt, you're just really a bunch of weaklings!" A tough hand smashed off the lacrima. Mira shuddered and sensed Kaya watching the scene.

"I'm sorry you witnessed that, Kaya." the little girl shook her head. "We're really in a dire situation, huh?" Mirajane didn't respond and just pinched the teenage girl's forehead.

"You don't have to worry. We will win and grow up even stronger than before.

Kaya scoffed. Her feelings shattered to see Laxus indifferent to their actual mess. The light-mage hurt to behold Laxus' conduct. Deep down, she wished he held a bit of attachment to help them. She really did not matter anymore to the Thunder God Tribe.

Feeling even worse, she scrutinized the room in search of his grandfather.

"Where is the master?"

Erza came close to me, "Since he was injured, we decided to bring to Polyusica."

The teen scrubbed her eyelids. Her face scanned the guild halls, "Does someone need to be healed right now?"

Gray lied, "there's no need, there are only scratches!" In those words, Kaya retired from the guild and headed straight to Polyusica's hut deep in the forest.

Wandering disorientated in a dark lane, my eyes sought for the house of Fairy Tail's healer. Spooky noises resonated in the night, my stress slowly arose. My thoughts lingered around Mira's call with Laxus. Secretly, I hoped my ancient teammate would've come to help us. I hoped he held a tiny bit of importance for me, as he was the one who made me join Fairy Tail in the first place. The Thunder God Tribe was my first family, for god's sake.

Even though I was chased away from their team, a part of me always expected the team to take me back. Maybe if I became stronger, they'd eventually adopt me again. But that never happened. No matter how much effort I put into it, I'd never be good enough. Losing track of my mind, a creak stopped my pace.

I tensed, not knowing what it was. Fortunately, two familiar voices accompanied the noise that got closer, "That old hag is really a pain in the butt!" muttered a manly voice.

"Don't say that! She's healing the master! That's normal, she has to deal with our ruckus all the time!" Scolded Bisca, placing her hand on her hips.

Erzac and Bisca popped up on the lonely way. The two mages scowled when they noticed me, lost in the woods. "Kaya? What are you doing here?" asked Erzac unhinged.

I shrugged, embarrassed, "I wanted to help Polyusica heal the master, but I..." My vision checked whether they wanted an answer, I decided that it held no importance. Bisca smirked wryly, and her finger pointed the way they returned from.

"Her cabin is at the end of this path. Be careful, you won't see anything in one hour." I nodded and pursued my route.

"Do you really think we should let her go on her own?" worried Erzac.

"She's old enough and... you know she's more mature than it looks." Bisca whispered, checking the girl couldn't hear what they were talking about.

I reached the door of Polyusica's hut, when shouting reverberated in the forest. I flinched but kept walking. My hand was about to knock, when the door opened suddenly, revealing the face of my old savior. The old mage wrinkled she recognized my stigma on my neck

"What now? Your master needs rest, not a brat in my way!" she announced.

"I'm here to help you heal him."

The pink head glared at me with tough eyes, I returned her stare. "Is it some type of joke?" "I'm more than serious." I declared it straightforward. "I'm the light-mage you rescued some time ago."

The healer scoffed, letting me come into her humble house. "Do not annoy me, or I let you go back in the darkness of the woods." her warning aimed to frighten me.

"Aye, aye."

"Why did you even come? Do you not trust me to cure your master anyway?" She questioned, a bit irritated.

"Not at all, I know you are one of the most skilled magic healers." My words came out bluntly.

Polyusica faced me startled. "Then why did you come?" she repeated with a calmer tone yet still cold.

"I want to be helpful, and when all that is finished. I want to learn from you about healing magic," I revealed with ambitions.

This time, the woman chuckled, her gaze landed on our master sleeping in his bed. His skin turned greenish because of the previous fight. "Your children are something Makarof." she murmured. "Fine, then I'm going to prepare the potion to accelerate the process of healing. You.." she said pointing at me. "Are going to crush some herbs for me. Then you will lend me some of your power. That will be helpful."

She paused, studying my reaction, I expressed satisfaction. "But, for that apprenticeship you want from me. I'll think about that matter. Do your best for now."

As a silent agreement, we both started to work silently. I focused on the grinding of the herbs. My main goal was to prove myself to the infamous healer. Glancing from time to time to her, I got caught, and she smacked the back of my head. "Focus on what you're doing, you brat!" 

 "Focus on what you're doing, you brat!" 

------------

Thank you readers for waiting until wednesday for the following 5 chapters. Hope you enjoyed this one and the rest.