The loop

The next few days, I locked up myself in my office, trying to connect the dots. I thought leaving everything behind and forgetting all that happened would heal me. But the best way to escape a problem is to not escape it at all.

I don't know who to trust anymore or what to believe

Why was I made to go to Europe? What happened there was just a dream? I saw Parker and Delanay die. I knew Jeremy was dead. Now I keep seeing everyone back in life, as if they are resurrected.

I don't understand what's happening to me. I don't know who's lying and who isn't.  I wish I had the memory of 31st Oct, but everything is not even  vague as if somebody has erased my memory.

      "Come on Parker, look at him. He's so helpless and lost. You think it's right time to arrest him."

     "I know, Delanay. I don't want to do this. My hands are tied. If the authorities find out we're covering for Emrin just because he's our friend, we all lose our jobs."

      "He doesn't look like himself. I don't believe he-"

      "He murdered Jeremy. And that explains why he fled away for few months."

      "It doesn't sum up. He can't kill his own best friend. If he did, then why would he come back? To end up in jail?"

      "I don't know that, Del. But he committed a murder and he deserves to be behind the bars. As much as it aches me, I don't break rules for family or friends. You keep in touch with him so that he doesn't run away this time."

       *Knock*

       "I don't feel like eating, Mark."

       "It's not Mark. It's me Delanay."

       "I don't think it's a good idea to see me. I could harm you, D."

       "You could never harm me, Emrin. I trust you with my life."

       "I have already lost you once, I don't want to take chances."

        "Lost me once?"

        "Yeah, the night you die- Nevermind."

         "I won't take more than 5 mins Emrin, please."

As if it wasn't taking every fiber of my body to refuse her to come in, now she has to add please. I hesitantly opened the door.

         "Emrin I-"

          "No, Delanay," I stopped her from getting close to me.

She looks upset. Believe me, I dreamt this everyday to see Delanay again, to be with her again. But love takes sacrifices. I'm not giving up on her, but right now I need to sort my life out, I need to be a better man emotionally and mentally for her, for my sake.