Emrin?

As I pick up the wicked book, my eyes land on a hand-written page which says 'Thou art betwixt the beginning and oblation. If not thy hands, thy eyes shall pay."

"Emrin?"

I totally forgot that I'm here with Parker.

"Coming dude."

"Hurry up, I found him, the old man."

As soon as I heard this, I felt mixed happiness and anger. I couldn't believe I finally got him! I'll give him the same pain that Delanay felt or worse. At some point, you'll be crying for death but you won't have it, not so soon.

As I was running up the stairs, something starts vibrating in my pocket.
Parker?

      "Which room are you in Park? Don't let him go, I'll be there in a blink of eye

"Which room are you in Park? Don't let him go, I'll be there in a blink of eye."

"What are you talking about Emrin? I called to tell you that I'm at the gate waiting for you. There's no one inside Emrin."

"Didn't you just say you found him? Hello..Hell- Parker can you hear me?"

Then I heard again-

"I can't hold him any longer Emrin, come here fast."

My heart started beating fast as if I just completed a marathon. My mind is clouded, my breaths are heavy. I feel anxious , confused.

"Emrin?"

There's a voice that keeps calling me upstairs and there's the phone call I just received.

I shut my eyes, not knowing what to do. That's when the flashback crossed my mind. The shady man who escorted me here for the first time, he said not to respond if somebody calls you or look at them.

"Emrin?"

I balled my fists, digging my nails deep in the palm and shut my eyes. I took a step towards the exit door. I was stopped by a painful sob. It was Parker crying in pain.

"Emrin, hel- help me brother. This old man tricked me and stabbed me in the abdomen. Argh! I can't walk."

I began questioning myself. I have to act fast. There's no way I'm letting anything happen to Parker.
Then I heard a thud. It's Parker who fell on the floor.

"Emr- Emrin help," he said gasping, "I can't walk."

What do I do? I never felt so helpless in my life.

What if the phone call I received was the trap and my friend really needs my help? Or what if the voice behind me is the trap? What I heard next got me panicking bad

What I heard next got me panicking bad. I heard the noise of sharpening the knife.

"I paid for your bill the other night, now you pay me back. I'm gonna have no mercy on your friend."

That was it. I've heard enough.